Construction & Engineering, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Projects & Infrastructure
Sean Hummerstone, senior associate, primarily concentrates on drafting and advising on all aspects of construction and engineering contracts, including both bespoke and standard forms such as JCT, FIDIC, IChemE and MF/1. Sean has experience of large international projects, including the development of the mining industry in Afghanistan and the expansion of a major maritime project in Central America.
Sean also has experience of contentious construction matters, advising insurers, professionals and lenders in relation to litigation and alternative forms of dispute resolution.
Sean joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2010 and has spent 6 months seconded to a major global ratings agency. He is a member of Mayer Brown’s Public Procurement Group in London.
- Assisting in advice provided in relation to the building contract for the expansion of a major maritime project in Central America.
- Drafting and advising in relation to the construction documentation for the fit out of tenant office space in the new building at 20 Fenchurch Street, London.
- Drafting and negotiating consultants’ appointments in relation to the base build and fit out of a UK research facility for an AIM-listed pharmaceuticals company, using IChemE forms of contract.
- Assisting in advice on the underlying construction documentation relating to the £105m purchase of Old Spitalfields Market, London.
- Assisting in advising a Spanish real estate investment fund in litigation concerning breaches of loan documentation in the construction of a London hotel (Grupo Hotelero Urvasco S.A. v Carey Value Added S.L. & Anor).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Construction. Legal 500
- Listed as a key lawyer for Construction. "Charles Pacey and Sean Hummerstone are both really good associates and senior associates." Legal 500
- Kaplan Law School, LPC
- The College of Law, London, GDL
- University of Nottingham, BA (Hons) History
- England and Wales