"Jeremy Holden is a strong team player, who leaves no stone unturned when analysing the documentary evidence." He is "an excellent senior associate able to marshal a case to trial, with very sound judgment. He is dedicated with excellent legal instincts."Legal 500 2024
Jeremy Holden is a senior associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice of the London office and a member of the firm's International Arbitration Group. He has a broad practice advising clients on all aspects of litigation and arbitration across a range of sectors and commercial contexts. Jeremy has experience of handling complex and high value disputes, including in respect of jurisdiction and other cross-border issues, and in using mediation to assist clients achieve their commercial objectives.
Jeremy also advises clients in connection with compliance investigations and spent over a year on secondment to a leading international bank in London and Hong Kong, working closely with its affiliates across Asia, Europe and the Middle East to facilitate a corporate compliance Monitor in his assessment of the bank's Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions policies and procedures, systems and controls.
Jeremy joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2013, qualifying in March 2015.
- Represented a major global reinsurance broking company in relation to its claim for unlawful means conspiracy against a rival broker.
- Acted for a major Italian Bank in relation to High Court claims against a European investment banking boutique, Banca Generali SpA v Sovereign Credit Opportunities  EWHC 2073 (Ch) and  EWHC 1732 (Ch)
- Advised a large US IT services and consulting company in relation to the re-negotiation of its sponsorship of a major sports team.
- Represented a major Hong Kong-based supply chain management company in post-acquisition proceedings in the High Court in relation to its acquisition of a large European business.
- Acted for the UK’s largest active asset manager in a complex seven-party dispute relating to its investment in a major mixed-use development. As part of the proceedings, we successfully defended two separate strike out applications, including in the Court of Appeal in relation to our inventive approach to pleading part of the claim on the basis of extrapolation, Standard Life Assurance Ltd v Gleeds (UK) (A Firm)  EWHC 1310 (TCC); Standard Life Assurance Ltd v Building Design Partnership Ltd  EWCA Civ 1793; Standard Life Assurance Ltd v Gleeds (UK) (A Firm)  EWHC 3419 (TCC).
- Represented a major Swiss investor in connection with a complex cross-border share options dispute in the High Court, including on jurisdiction issues.
- Acted for the Civil Aviation Authority in the Court of Appeal case that remains the leading English law authority on legal advice privilege, Civil Aviation Authority v R (on the application of Jet 2.com Limited)  EWCA Civ 35
- Represented one of the world's leading engineering, procurement, construction and project management companies in an international ICC arbitration with a state-owned petroleum company in relation to the construction of an oil refinery in the Caribbean.
- Represented an oil refinery in LCIA arbitration proceedings in a multi-million dollar dispute arising out of an oil supply agreement.
- Acted for a leading professional services firm in relation to a Takeover Panel investigation, enforcement and sanctions dispute.
- Advised a global industrial machinery manufacturer in connection with an internal compliance investigation in South Africa.
- Undertook a secondment to a leading international bank in connection with its global corporate compliance monitorship.
University of Warwick
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
- Listed as a key lawyer for Commercial Litigation, "Jeremy Holden is a strong team player, who leaves no stone unturned when analysing the documentary evidence." "Notable individuals include Jeremy Holden, an excellent senior associate able to marshal a case to trial, with very sound judgment. He is dedicated with excellent legal instincts." Legal 500 2024.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Commercial Litigation, "Jeremy Holden: a very astute litigator, and terrifically bright. Overall, he demonstrates a quality that is well above what I would expect from someone of his seniority." Legal 500 2023.