‘ a very astute litigator, and terrifically bright. Overall, he demonstrates a quality that is well above what I would expect from someone of his seniority.’Legal 500 2023
Jeremy Holden is a senior associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice of the London office and a member of the firm's International Arbitration Group. He has a broad practice advising clients on all aspects of litigation and arbitration across a range of sectors and commercial contexts. Jeremy has experience of handling complex and high value disputes, including in respect of jurisdiction and other cross-border issues, and in using mediation to assist clients achieve their commercial objectives.
Jeremy also advises clients in connection with compliance investigations and spent over a year on secondment to a leading international bank in London and Hong Kong, working closely with its affiliates across Asia, Europe and the Middle East to facilitate a corporate compliance Monitor in his assessment of the bank's Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions policies and procedures, systems and controls.
Jeremy joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2013, qualifying in March 2015.
- Represented one of the world's leading engineering, procurement, construction and project management companies in an international ICC arbitration with a state-owned petroleum company in relation to the construction of an oil refinery in the Caribbean.
- Represented an oil refinery in LCIA arbitration proceedings in a multi-million dollar dispute arising out of an oil supply agreement.
- Advising in connection with a complex cross-border share options dispute in the High Court, including on jurisdiction issues.
- Acted for a leading professional services firm in relation to a Takeover Panel investigation, enforcement and sanctions dispute.
- Advised a global industrial machinery manufacturer in connection with an internal compliance investigation in South Africa.
- Undertook a secondment to a leading international bank in connection with its global corporate compliance monitorship.
University of Warwick
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
- Listed as a key lawyer for Commercial Litigation, ‘Jeremy Holden: a very astute litigator, and terrifically bright. Overall, he demonstrates a quality that is well above what I would expect from someone of his seniority.’ Legal 500 2023.