Robert Hobson is a senior associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice of the London office. He joined Mayer Brown in 2015 as a trainee and during his training contract he completed a six month secondment to Moody's, a leading international credit rating agency.
Robert’s practice includes working on a broad range of both general commercial dispute resolution and construction disputes, advising multinational corporates, contractors, consultants and insurers.
- Advising a multinational corporate in relation to a bribery and corruption investigation by the SFO.
- Acting for a large US-based entity in respect to a breach of warranty claim arising out of a Sale and Purchase Agreement.
- Acting for a design and build contractor in multiple concurrent adjudications relating to its entitlement to an extension of time arising out of the delayed construction and renovation of a company’s headquarters in central London.
- Advising a contract administrator in respect to claims made by the employer and its administrators in relation to the design and refurbishment of a listed building in Kent.
- Acting for a contractor and its Insurers in defending claims brought by the employer arising out of the design and construction of a major mixed use residential, commercial and leisure development in Manchester. The defects are varied and include water ingress, overheating in the apartments, cracks in the glazing and the cladding allegedly being in breach of the Building Regulations.
- Acting for an architect and its Insurers in defending claims brought by the contractor arising out of the manner in which colour was applied to the glass on a 50-storey tower block in central London.
- Advising Insurers in relation to a claim made by a contractor for the losses arising out of the design and construction of a waste to energy facility in Derby.
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Law, Bloomsbury, GDL
University of Southampton, BA (Hons)
- England and Wales
- Member of TeCSA