"Rising Star." "Rob Hobson is a complete brain-box! Seems to have limitless knowledge of case law and an ability spot where it applies. A very clear communicator."
Robert Hobson acts for a wide range of clients in construction disputes, including developers, contractors, architects, consultants and insurers. He has experience in a wide variety of projects, including waste treatment facilities, wind farms, hospital PFI projects, office facilities, as well as traditional construction projects.
Robert regularly advises on complicated technical disputes, including claims concerning defective design and workmanship, programming, delay, disruption and quantum which arise out of the major forms of construction and engineering contracts. A significant part of his work also involves advising insurers and professionals on the defence of professional indemnity claims.
- Acting for different construction professionals (including contractors, architects and developers) on a significant number of claims arising out of cladding systems which are non-compliant with the Building Regulations, both in pursuing and defending claims.
- Advising the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer and supplier in relation to a number of contractual disputes, including in relation to a claim for an extension of time and prolongation costs arising out of a project involving the erection of 36 wind turbines at a wind farm in Scotland.
- Acting for a contractor in defending a claim following its termination by the employer on a waste-from-energy facility in Northern Ireland.
- Representing a design and build contractor in multiple concurrent adjudications relating to its entitlement to an extension of time arising out of the delayed construction and renovation of a company’s headquarters in central London.
- Advising a contract administrator in respect to claims made by the employer and its administrators in relation to the design and refurbishment of a listed building in Kent.
- Acting for a contractor and its Insurers in defending claims brought by the employer arising out of the design and construction of a major mixed use residential, commercial and leisure development in Manchester. The defects are varied and include water ingress, overheating in the apartments, cracks in the glazing and the cladding allegedly being in breach of the Building Regulations.
- Acting for an architect and its Insurers in defending claims brought by the contractor arising out of the manner in which colour was applied to the glass on a 50-storey tower block in central London.
- Advising Insurers in relation to a claim made by a contractor for the losses arising out of the design and construction of a waste to energy facility in Derby.
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Law, Bloomsbury, GDL
University of Southampton, BA (Hons)
- England and Wales
- Member of TeCSA
- Listed as a “Rising Star” in Insurance: Professional - Legal 500
- “Rob Hobson is a complete brain-box! Seems to have limitless knowledge of case law and an ability spot where it applies. A very clear communicator.” - Legal 500