Guilherme Galiazzi is an associate in the Energy and, Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office, focusing on advising domestic and foreign companies in the electricity, hydrogen and infrastructure industries.
His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions of energy companies, participating in due diligences, corporate restructurings, analysis and drafting of typical agreements of the energy and construction sectors. He also acts in regulatory assessments and administrative matters for the implementation of projects in all segments (generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization) and advises large energy consumers.
- Advised a foreign company of the oil and gas sector on regulatory consultations on green hydrogen in Brazil.
- Advised a natural ingredients company on the signing of contracts for the installation of biomass boilers, to replace natural gas, for steam generation in an investment of around R$400 million.
- Advised a foreign company (Karpowership) on all the procedures related to the implementation of the first powership project in Brazil.
- Advised an electricity company (Eletrobras) on a corporate reorganization through the incorporation of all the shares issued by its subsidiaries (Companhia Hidrelétrica do São Francisco, Furnas, Companhia de Geração e Transmissão de Energia Elétrica do Sul do Brasil and Eletronorte).
- Advised a large electricity consumer on negotiating energy purchase and sale contracts in the free energy market.
- Advised electricity companies on drafting standard EPC contracts related to the implementation of energy transmission projects.
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor Degree, 2023