Kiran Giblin is an associate in the Construction & Engineering practice of Mayer Brown’s London office, where his primary area of focus is contentious construction disputes.
Kiran’s practice includes a broad range of dispute resolution, advising employers, contractors and consultants in relation to all forms of construction-related disputes, including those concerning defective works, project delay and final accounts. He has represented clients in international arbitrations and adjudications. He also advises on a wide range of construction documents for various UK-based and multi-jurisdictional projects, including JCT, NEC and bespoke forms of contract.
Kiran’s experience includes disputes involving a wide variety of projects, including stadiums, airports, and other transport infrastructure projects.
Kiran joined Mayer Brown in 2021.
- Advising a multi-national engineering and design consultancy in respect of an ICC arbitration regarding the Doha Metro Project.*
- Advising a major national rail operator in respect of an adjudication arising out of a design and construction agreement regarding a large station upgrade project.*
- Acting for a major Chinese contractor on a number of contractual issues and disputes concerning a substantial residential development in central London.*
- Advising purchasers, fund groups and property developers in relation to the construction aspects of various real estate transactions, including the sale and purchase of commercial mixed-use premises in central Edinburgh and London.*
- Advising a multi-national mechanical and engineering contractor in respect of a high value DIAC arbitration regarding a major infrastructure upgrade project in Dubai.*
- Advising a multi-national engineering and design consultancy in respect of an ICC arbitration regarding a major stadium project in Qatar.*
* Experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
University College London, BA (Hons)
The University of Law, London, Commendation
- England and Wales