Yuliya Feldman is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in New York and a member of the Global Insurance Industry Group, specializing in insurance regulatory and transactional work. Yuliya advises US-domestic and international insurers, reinsurers, insurance agencies/brokerages, MGAs and other insurance intermediaries, as well as service contract/extended warranty providers and administrators with respect to various insurance regulatory, transactional and general corporate matters. She represents clients operating in the life, health, property and casualty, financial guaranty and title insurance industries, as well as the service contract/extended warranty industry.
Yuliya assists clients with formation and licensing, product and program development, complex structured (re)insurance transactions, various aspects of non-admitted insurance, cybersecurity compliance, and insurance regulatory filings associated with mergers, acquisitions and other changes in corporate structure. She also advises startup and established insurtech companies on regulatory and corporate issues. Yuliya has experience drafting and negotiating agreements, including MGA/MGU, program and claims administration, and other producer, referral/lead and joint venture agreements.
While in law school, Yuliya was a law clerk for one of the largest reinsurers in the world. She also served as Executive Editor of Submissions for the NYU Journal of Law & Business.
- Advised an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platform on development of its insurance platform
- Represented a large mutual insurer in its acquisition of a fully authorized Lloyd’s managing agency
- Represented a Bermuda insurer in establishing a joint venture in the title insurance industry in the US
- Advised a wholesale broker for cyber insurance on formation, licensing and various regulatory and cybersecurity matters
- Represented a German reinsurer in its acquisition of US insurance subsidiaries
- Advised one of the world’s major reinsurance groups on various insurance regulatory and transactions related to its insurtech-focused platform
- Represented a provider of loyalty programs and insurance products in the sale of its AD&D business
- Assisted in the internal restructuring and re-domestication of a large mutual insurer
- Advised a digital life insurance producer with respect to licensing, producer agreements and various regulatory and cybersecurity matters
*The matters listed above were handled by Yuliya Feldman prior to joining Mayer Brown.
New York University School of Law, JD
Macaulay Honors College, BBA, summa cum laude
- New York
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Insurance Law (2023)