Jill Fridley advises sponsors on the formation, structuring and management of private investment funds, fund of funds and managed accounts (closed-end, open-end and hybrid). Jill also advises asset managers and institutional investors on investment transactions such as co-investments, joint ventures, seed capital arrangements and secondary market sales of fund interests, as well as regulatory and compliance matters concerning investment advisers. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Jill served as an associate general counsel at a global financial services firm.
- Supported the representation of an asset manager in connection with the formation of a $4.95 billion private equity fund, including the negotiation of various side letter agreements with incoming investors, including institutional, governmental, pension and private fund investors.
- Supported the representation of an investment manager in connection with the formation of various closed-end real estate funds, including related co-investment and side car vehicles.
- Supported the representation of an insurance holding company in connection with the negotiation of a $1 billion investment in a private credit fund.
- Supported the representation of an asset manager in connection with the negotiation of various $25 million to $100 million seed capital investments in private equity funds, with a revenue share component.
- Supported the representation of an institutional investor in the negotiation of multiple $25 million to $100 million private fund investments.
- Supported the representation of a Singaporean asset manager on U.S.-specific considerations in connection with the formation of a closed-end private investment fund marketed to eligible U.S. investors.
Ohio State University, JD
Editor-in-Chief, Ohio State Technology Law Journal
Ohio University, BS, cum laude
- New York