Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Global Investigations & White Collar Defense, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
James Ford, senior associate, helps clients to navigate the complex and overlapping worlds of sanctions and export controls, anti-corruption, particularly business and human rights, and anti-money laundering.
James advises corporates across a range of sectors, including energy, mining, extractives, oil and gas, retail, defence, and transport, as well as a host of financial institutions, insurers, brokers and professional services firms.
- Provided sanctions advice to a range of financial institutions and corporates, including in response to the expansion of UK, EU, and US financial and trade sanctions targeting Russia.
- Provided ongoing sanctions advice to a range of professional services companies in response to the imposition of UK, EU, and US sanctions targeting the provision of certain services to Russia.
- Advised on a range of regulatory disclosures and licence applications relating to sanctions and export controls to authorities in the United Kingdom and United States.
- Advised on the money laundering risks of a company's operations in the Middle East, CIS Region, and Africa.
- Listed as a key lawyer for EU and Competition and Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime, James Ford is highly regarded for his capabilities in anti-corruption, ESG and money laundering matters - Legal 500.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime, "James Ford is incredibly well connected and well regarded, combined with humility, diplomacy and superb people skills." - Legal 500.
- Listed as a key lawyer for EU and Competition, James Ford is noted for his knowledge of regulatory compliance and financial services sanctions programs - Legal 500.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime, "James Ford is a rapidly rising star, superb analyst and networker." - Legal 500.
- Yale University, BA (Political Science)
- England and Wales
Professional & Community Involvement
- Mayer Brown NextGen
- OFSI Legal Sector Engagement Forum
- Transparency International UK
- Transparency International Professional Supporters (TIPS) Network