Leader of London Office Employment & Benefits
Employment Litigation & Counseling, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Chris Fisher advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters. His advisory experience includes recruitment and termination of executives; team moves; restructuring programmes, including collective and individual consultation; business transfers and outsourcing; and the implications of the Business Transfer Regulations. Chris works regularly on projects covering multiple countries, whether they are outsourcings, restructurings or other projects where clients require international advice managed out of the UK. Recent work has included the introduction of new employment contracts across 55 countries for a global retail client, advice on restructuring (including collective consultation requirements) for a financial services client across Europe, North America and Asia, and an outsourcing transaction negotiated on UK law principles but covering various ARD and non-ARD countries. On this latter area, Chris works frequently with our network of firms located outside of the countries where Mayer Brown has offices.
Chris joined Mayer Brown in 2001 and became a partner in 2003. Clients comment that he "provides advice in the way that we need it, and he understands how our company works and is structured" and that "he is commercial, understands our business, is accessible and is a pleasure to work with." (Chambers UK).
- ‘Stand-out partners are Miriam Bruce and Chris Fisher. Both of whom always have their client’s ear. They combine commercial common-sense and robust legal analysis.’ ‘Chris Fisher – talented employment lawyer especially on High Court litigation’. Legal 500
- Band 2: Employment. Christopher Fisher leads the London employment group at Mayer Brown. He frequently provides both advisory and contentious assistance to a range of employers, often handling matters that involve cross-jurisdictional elements. Fisher is particularly noted for his deep understanding of the financial services sector. "What sets Christopher apart is his bedside manner. He has a very sensitive way of handling confidential matters. He gives commercial and practical advice, rather than just the technical law, which is hugely appreciated." "He has great knowledge and experience, which helps him to be a helpful and guiding hand." "Christopher doesn't stand back from getting stuck into the facts. He is absolutely across all the detail." Chambers UK
- Band 3: Employment. Christopher Fisher leads the London employment group at Mayer Brown. He frequently provides both advisory and contentious assistance to a range of employers, often handling matters that involve cross-jurisdictional elements. He is particularly noted for his deep understanding of the financial services sector. "He is a very measured, calm and technically accomplished lawyer." "He is proactive, he reaches out with relevant information, he is pragmatic and he provides us with options." Chambers UK
- Listed as a 'Leading individual', Christopher Fisher is shrewd, experienced.’ Legal 500
- The College of Law, London
- University of Reading, LLB (Hons)
- England and Wales
Professional & Community Involvement
- Employment Lawyers' Association
- Law Society