María (Maru) Ferré is a counsel in Mayer Brown’s San Francisco office and a member of the Employment & Benefits practice focusing on global mobility and immigration. She provides complex strategic advice and planning, manages and successfully implements global immigration programs for Fortune 500 clients in major financial centers and emerging markets. Maru represents domestic and international corporate clients in global mobility and immigration matters. She also advises corporations on comprehensive compliance and program’s risk management and provides business-oriented solutions for the worldwide placement of international personnel. Maru has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, global policy development, program management, as well as, entry, work and residency processes across the globe. She also has deep knowledge of the legal requirements and procedures related to US immigration processes and analyses, including employment-based immigration benefits, corporate compliance and family based immigration. Maru has over 10 years of business immigration law experience, spanning a broad sector of industries including Fortune 500, government and private sector, as well as non-governmental organizations. She has been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2022-2023) as a “Future Leader” and in Best Lawyers in America (2022-2023). Maru is a contributor of The Mobile Workforce, the firm’s blog to provide employers with a direct line of sight into immigration policy-making and practices across the globe.
Maru is licensed only in New York and exclusively practicing immigration law. Not admitted in California.
- Advising multinational companies on global mobility and best practices impacting clients’ immigration programs to facilitate the mobilization of talent across borders.
- Representing an information technology company in reductions in force impacting a substantial percentage of personnel across the globe.
- Managing high-volume visa transactions for multinational companies with significant expatriate movement into Asia Pacific and EMEA.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive compliance programs in over 26 jurisdictions for clients across different industries.
- Advising an information technology company on M&A transactions, impacting over 400 visa holders in 20+ countries.
- Advising new market entry requirements and related immigration and corporate establishment requirements to place high-skilled personnel across the globe.
- Developing enterprise-wide business traveler guidance and procedures to facilitate compliance with business visitor regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Developing comprehensive immigration policies and guidelines to optimize clients’ immigration programs.
American University Washington College of Law, LLM
Buenos Aires University, JD
- New York
- Not admitted in California. Exclusively practicing immigration law.
- New York State Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association