Amber Fan is a senior legal manager in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
Her practice focuses on asset finance. She acts for major leasing houses, banks and shipowners in a full range of finance transactions in the maritime sector, including the structured ship finance and leasing, vessel sale and purchase and international vessel registrations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, she was on secondment to the largest US-listed containership financing institution. Previously she worked in other leading international law firms for one decade, both in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Acted for a large Chinese leasing company on the sale of two containerships with another major Chinese leasing company and the novation of existing bareboat charters.
- Acted for a major Chinese leasing house in relation to the financial leasing of three containerships with MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.
- Advised a large Chinese leasing company on the sale and purchase of two Singapore flagged containerships which are bareboat chartered to CMA CGM Asia Shipping Pte. Ltd. (formerly known as APL Co. Pte Ltd).
- Advised a major Chinese financial institution on the sale and leaseback and senior financing of four LR 1 product tankers with a Greek shipowner.
- Acted for a large Chinese leasing house on the operating lease of one LEG carrier built in China.
- Acted for the ship-owning arm of a multinational group of companies on the refinancing of one Hong Kong flagged oil tanker including the release of existing securities.
- Advised a Hong Kong based bank on the release of existing securities given in relation to the loan facility granted in respect of one (1) Airbus A321-200 aircraft, including assisting the filings with the International Registry.
National University of Singapore, LLM
East China University of Political Science and Law, LLB