"Pierre Dzakpasu has significant prior in-house experience and is a seasoned, versatile and dynamic lawyer. One to watch."The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2021)
Pierre Dzakpasu is a partner in the Restructuring practice in Mayer Brown's Singapore office. Pierre advises banks and other financial institutions in South-East Asia and South Asia on restructuring matters, work-out transactions and on a wide range of cross-border finance transactions, including special situations, distressed debt, structured financings, acquisition financings, real estate financings and receivables finance.
Pierre has advised creditors on some of the largest restructuring transactions in South East Asia and has been recognized by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a Rising Star in Banking and Finance in Singapore (2020-2022).
Fordham University School of Law, Master of Laws
King's College London, Bachelor of Law
- New York
- Rising Star Partner - Restructuring and Insolvency, Singapore – IFLR1000 (2023)
- Up and Coming - Restructuring/Insolvency: International, Singapore – Chambers Asia Pacific (2023)
- Rising Star - Banking and Finance: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020-2022)
- “Able to think outside the box and offer a unique solution. Able to explain complex legal concepts and situations to various stakeholders in a clear and concise way.” – IFLR1000 (2023)
- "Pierre always gives sound legal advice that makes practical commercial sense. He also has a great understanding of complex financing structures." – IFLR1000 (2023)
- "Pierre Dzakpasu has significant prior in-house experience and is a seasoned, versatile and dynamic lawyer. One to watch." – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2021)