Recognized as a Next Generation Partner in Tax AdvisoryThe Legal 500, 2023
Flávia Cavalcanti is a partner in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. She has broad experience in complex and sophisticated legal issues covering corporate taxation, focusing on business reorganizations and M&A, with emphasis in cross-border transactions and multinational structures. Her clients include Brazilian and foreign multinationals of different sectors such as O&G, energy, infrastructure, logistic, private equity, retail, cellulose, technology, among others.
Flávia has more than fifteen years of experience in consulting and tax planning, having developed a solid career in prestigious institutions, both in Brazil and abroad, backed by a distinguished professional and technical formation.
Flávia earned her PhD in tax law from São Paulo University (USP). LLM in international taxation from New York University (NYU) where she was a NYU Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholar. She studied post-graduation in international tax law from IBDT and in tax law from IBET. She earned her Bachelor in Law from the Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ).
Flávia is author and organizer of several articles and books in her areas of experience. Additionally, she is a faculty member in several post-graduation courses and acts as a speaker in congresses and seminars in tax law.
University of São Paulo (USP), PhD, Tax Law
New York University, LLM, International Taxation
Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholar; Flora S. and Jacob Newman Award for Distinction
Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET), Post-Graduation in Tax Law
Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (IBDT), Post-Graduation in International Tax Law
Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Director of the Brazilian Association of Financial Law (ABDF)
- Member and General Council Deputy (Brazil) of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Co-Chair of the Brazilian section of the Women of IFA Network (WIN)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Post-Graduation Professor at Mackenzie University
- Post-Graduation Professor at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV)
- Recognized as a Next Generation Partner in Tax Advisory. - Legal 500, ed. 2023