João Luiz Cople is counsel in the Rio de Janeiro office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados’ Litigation and Arbitration practices. João Luiz Cople has more than 15 years of experience in arbitration, civil litigation, administrative litigation, tax litigation, insurance litigation, electoral disputes and social security disputes.
In his academic training, João had the opportunity of working at the Federal Attorney’s Office, at the State Attorney’s Office of the State of Rio de Janeiro and at the District Attorney’s Office of the municipality of Rio de Janeiro, as trainee and assistant.
- Represented one of the largest Brazilian insurers company in lawsuits involving health insurance contract filed by policyholders.
- Represented Brazilian insurers and financial institutions in several lawsuits.
- Represented a major fuel branch company in several lawsuits.
- Represented several politicians and candidates in state and local electoral litigation before the TSE and TRE.
- Represented various companies in demands for tax enforcement lawsuits.
- Represented various companies in administrative tax litigation.
- Represented company specialized in marine vessel import involved in tax litigation recognition of non-tax incidence.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, MBA, in Tax Law
Universidade Estácio de Sá, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)