Eliza Collopy is an Australian qualified lawyer in the Construction & Engineering practice of Mayer Brown’s London office, where her primary area of focus is contentious construction disputes.
Eliza’s practice is primarily focused on high-value matters arising out of complex major construction projects in the infrastructure, resources and renewable energy sectors. Eliza has acted for principals, contractors and subcontractors in preparation for litigation as well as domestic and international arbitration seated in New South Wales, Western Australia, Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
Eliza’s practice in commercial disputes has given her particular experience in a range of dispute resolution methods (including mediation, expert determination, dispute avoidance boards and arbitration), evidence gathering, trial preparation, electronic discovery, and the use of e-trial software to streamline the resolution of commercial disputes.
- Representing a contractor in respect of a high value and complex arbitration seated in Abu Dhabi concerning a major infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi.
- Representing an international mining contractor in a six-week arbitration seated in Singapore relating to a complex construction dispute exceeding $1 billion regarding an iron ore processing facility.*
- Representing a principal of one of the largest solar farms in Australia in relation to a complex and high value ICC arbitration.*
- Acting for DRA Pacific Pty Ltd in relation to a $300 million construction dispute concerning the MACH Energy coal processing facility located in New South Wales, Australia.*
- Representing an Australian government client in respect of various dispute avoidance board and expert determination claims arising in relation to one of Australia’s most significant road infrastructure projects.*
*experience gained at a previous law firm
University of Notre Dame Australia, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
University of Notre Dame Australia, Bachelor of Behavioural Science
- Supreme Court of Western Australia
- High Court of Australia