Admitted to the Paris Bar, Jean-Philippe Coiffard is an associate in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
Jean-Philippe's practice focuses on all aspects related to tax transactions, from due diligence to structuring. He mainly assists French & International companies and investment funds on mergers and acquisitions transactions as well as their financing.
Jean-Philippe also regularly advises numerous international groups, real estate investment funds and property dealers on the tax structuring of their real estate acquisitions and investments in France.
Jean-Philippe assists companies and their managers as well on day to day tax matters, and defends them in tax controversy matters against tax administration.
In addition to his native French, he is fluent in English.
- Advised Funecap, the second largest funeral services operator in France, on the acquisition of De Facultatieve Group, leader in crematoria management in Northern Europe.
- Advised Funecap, the second largest funeral services operator in France, on the acquisition of Altair Funeral, the Italian leader in crematorium and cemetery management.
- Advised Montefiore Investment in connection with the launch of a tender offer on the shares of Groupe Open, a listed digital service provider company.
- Advised Bridgepoint on the acquisition of a majority stake in Plug in Digital, one of the largest independent video game distributors and a rising video game publisher.
- Advised Montefiore Investment in its acquisition of a minority stake in NGE SAS, a heavy construction and construction company.
- Advised ICG on its acquisition of a majority stake in Infra Group, Belgium’s major multi-disciplinarily network infrastructure and service provider.
- Advised Ophiliam and Funecap’s management on the sale of Ophiliam's existing interest and its rollover investment in Funecap following the entering of Latour Capital investment in Funecap group's capital.
- Advised Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Lengow SAS, a leading e-commerce automation SaaS platform.
- Advised Sagard in connection with the acquisition of Nutrisens, a French medical nutrition specialist.
- Advised Cromwell Property Group acting on behalf of a foreign investor in connection with the acquisition of an office building located 7 rue de la Baume, in Paris.
- Advised Savills Investment Management acting on behalf of a foreign investor in connection with the acquisition of the real estate complex located 19 rue de Calais in Paris.
- Advised the French private equity fund Montefiore Investment in its acquisition of a majority stake in the French listed company OPEN.
- Advised BidCo Breteuil, a KKR holding company, and the founders of Mediawan, the French media conglomerate, on the launch of a tender offer on all Mediawan securities. Simultaneously, advised BidCo Breteuil and Mediawan on three other separate acquisitions: Lagardère Studio, Leonine and Groupe Troisième Œil.
- Advised Savills Investment Management acting on behalf of a foreign investor with the acquisition of an office building located 35 rue de Bassano in Paris.
- Advised Balzac REIM acting on behalf of a foreign investorin connection with the acquisition of an office building located 79-81 boulevard Haussmann in Paris.
- Advised CVC on its Series B investment into EcoVadis SAS, the world leader in business sustainability ratings for global supply chains.
- Advised BNP Paribas Real Estate Investment Management France in connection with the acquisition of the building 51-53 boulevard Haussmann.
- Advised the KKR funds and Webhelp, a leading provider of customer experience and business process outsourcing, on the sale of Webhelp to Group Bruxelles Lambert (GBL).
- Advised CVC on the structuring of its acquisition of the listed group April from its controlling shareholder Evolem and from the public.
- Advised Europa Capital and Balzac REIM in connection with the letting and the sale of the office building “Sémaphore”, located in Levallois-Perret.
- Advised Balzac REIM acting on behalf of a foreign investor in connection with the acquisition of the building “Ateliers Victoires“ in Paris.
- Advised Balzac REIM acting on behalf of a foreign investor in connection with the acquisition of a building located 21 rue de Berri in Paris.
Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Magistère de Juriste d’Affaires DJCE
Oxford University, MSc in Law and Finance