Line Chataud is a member of the Paris and New York bars and a senior associate in the London office of Mayer Brown’s International Arbitration practice.
She focuses on international commercial and investment treaty arbitration, as well as public international law. Line has acted as counsel for claimants and respondents in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations across a wide-range of industries, including energy and resources, renewable, construction, aviation and pharmaceutical. She has handled arbitrations under the ICSID, SCC, ICC, and UNCITRAL arbitration rules.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2021, Line was a member of the International Arbitration of a leading international law firm in Paris and London. During this role, she represented the State of Qatar in international claims before the International Court of Justice, and in investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals. Line also published for the ITA US Kluwer Reporter, and was a recipient of the Cyrus R Vance Center for International Justice’s International Pro Bono Excellence Price in October 2018.
Line holds an LLM from Cornell Law School, a Master in European Law from the University Paris-Saclay, and a Bachelor and Master of Laws from the Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne University. She speaks English and French, and is proficient in German.
- Representing the claimant in an SCC arbitration, concerning a multi-million pound case arising out of a disputed district heating contract.
- Advising on a number of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America.
- Acting for the Claimants in Veolia Environnement S.A. and others v. Republic of Lithuania (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/3), a dispute arising under the France-Lithuania bilateral investment treaty, in relation to district heating and power generation systems in Lithuania.
- Acting for a leading Spanish contractor in relation to multiple ICC arbitrations concerning the development of solar power plants in North Africa.
- Representing the State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates under the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and in investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.*
- Acting for a Bulgarian entity in ICC commercial arbitration proceedings in the pharmaceutical industry.*
- Acting for a construction company in its ICC arbitration with a major oil company over delays and additional costs in a project for the construction of an FPSO platform.*
- Reviewed two Small Island Developing States’ draft climate acts and advised on their compliance with the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.*
- Advised two non-governmental organisations on proceedings before the International Criminal Court regarding claims for international war crimes.*
- Advised a legal organisation on representing civilians sentenced to capital punishment by military courts in a francophone African state.*
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown.
Cornell Law School
Paris Bar School
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
- New York
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Listed as a key lawyer for International Arbitration (Legal 500 2023/24).