Cesar Cadena Del Porto is a Senior Counsel in the Employment & Benefits practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office. Cesar has extensive experience in business law, focusing on employment law, benefits, corporate law, administrative law, contracts, tax and civil and employment litigation. He advises domestic and international companies in connection with their activities in Brazil.
Cesar's previous work experience includes:
Gestetner do Brasil S.A. (Ricoh Brasil S.A.), seconded by Tauil & Chequer, General Counsel, 2004-2008;
AGA S.A. (Messer Gases Ltda.), Rio de Janeiro, General Counsel, 1997-2004;
Cesar Cadena Law Firm, São Paulo, 1993-1997;
AGA S.A. (Messer Gases Ltda.), São Paulo, Administrative and financial manager, 1990-1993;
AGA S.A. (Messer Gases Ltda.), São Paulo, Lawyer, 1988-1990;
AGA S.A. (Messer Gases Ltda.), São Paulo, Tax Manager, 1977-1988;
Continental Accounting S/C Ltda., São Paulo, Tax Superior, 1971-1977.
- Assisted Bunge Alimentos S.A. in the acquisition of the food business unity and trades of Hypermarcas S.A. valued at R$ 180 million.
- Advised a major air gases company on multiple legal issues.
- Assisted a major African National Oil Company in organizing and restructuring its legal department.
- Represents major Oil & Gas service companies in their negotiations with the Rio de Janeiro Oil & Gas Labor Union.
- Represents Brazilian subsidiaries of multinational companies in sophisticated labor litigation and handles expatriate´s and multijurisdictional related legal issues.
- Advises multinational companies in customizing global employment policies to the Brazilian legal environment.
- Advises Brazilian Subsidiaries of Multinational Companies before the Brazilian Ministry of Labor and Employment, as well as the labor Authority and Prosecutor.
- Provides general advice on labor law for investors that intend to enter or invest in Brazil.
- Assisted Brazilian and Foreign companies in contracting and terminating their senior and high level local employees.
- Participated in multiple labor and employment due diligences on M&A and Financing Projects identifying and reporting labor and employment contingent liabilities.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/ES) , MBA, Masters Degree in Corporate Law
São Bernardo do Campo Law School , Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Member, Association of Attorneys of São Paulo