Julia Braga helps Brazilian and international clients on all segments of energy law regarding regulatory, contractual and corporate matters.
Julia assists clients on a wide range of aspects regarding power sector, including power purchase agreements, self-production structures, distributed generation projects, public and private bids, administrative proceedings within governmental authorities, privatizations, corporate and finance transactions.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2021, Julia worked for 8 and a half years in two other prominent Brazilian law firms, in which Julia also assisted the clients on energy law aspects.
- Advising ENGIE Brasil on the acquisition of operational Photovoltaic Complexes controlled by Global Infrastructure Partners – GIP, with a total installed capacity of 545MWac and total acquisition value of, approximately, R$ 3,24 billion.
- Advising a development bank (Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social - BNDES) in the privatization modeling of Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. - Eletrobras.
- Advising Atlas Renewable Energy on the acquisition, from individuals as well as an investment fund, of companies that hold the rights to develop a photovoltaic power generation project called Vista Alegre, located in the State of Minas Gerais, with an installed capacity of 720MWp.
- Advising a leading Brazilian energy company (Energisa S.A.) in the takeover of the power transmission company Gemini Energy, in a deal worth around 822 million reais.
- Advising a foreign company (Karpowership) in the qualification process for the Simplified Auction promoted by the Brazilian Government to contract emergency power to distribution utilities during the water crisis in Brazil in 2021.
- Advising financial institution for the implementation of distributed generation solar projects, focused on its self-consumption.
- Advising power group in the potential acquisition of wind and solar power plants, totaling 1,582MW, in a greenfield phase.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Extension in Corporate Law
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/SP, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)