Joe Blackhurst helps the business community in complex litigation involving technology-related disputes, privacy and cybersecurity, antitrust, and contract disputes.
Joe maintains an active pro bono practice representing refugees seeking asylum and inmates facing unconstitutional life sentences and other prisoners’ rights violations.
- A transportation software company in a dispute involving affirmative claims of violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Stored Communications Act as well defended against monopolization counterclaims.
- Plaintiffs, including members of state government, in redistricting litigation.
- A major multinational company in its litigation in multiple jurisdictions involving the manufacture and sale of certain PFAS chemicals and products.
- A major multinational food and beverage company in a franchise royalties dispute.
- Automotive and pharmaceutical marketing clients facing improper subpoenas.
- A construction insurance client in litigation of RICO claims.
University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
Columbia College Chicago, BA
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan