Holly Spencer Bunting
Consumer Financial Services, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Holly Spencer Bunting offers clients strategic advice related to residential mortgage banking and consumer finance, alternative mortgage products, real estate brokerage, title insurance, and fintech/proptech/insurtech products, especially on issues of federal and state regulatory compliance and enforcement. Companies turn to Holly for representation in the mortgage lending, title insurance and real estate industries on regulatory compliance matters, including matters involving the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). She reviews and analyzes existing and proposed business arrangements for compliance with state and federal requirements. Holly also defends clients subject to government audits, investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Mortgage lenders, banks, real estate brokerage companies, home builders, title insurance agencies, title insurance underwriters, fintech/proptech/insurtech companies, technology vendors, and other companies in interpreting and applying statutory and regulatory requirements and administrative guidance pertaining to RESPA’s anti-kickback and fee-splitting provisions in connection with a wide variety of settlement service arrangements, including marketing, advertising, and affiliated business arrangements.
- “40 Under 40” 2019 honoree by the Women in Housing & Finance, Inc.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, cum laude
Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- University of North Carolina at Asheville, BA, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
Professional & Community Involvement
- Women in Housing & Finance, Inc.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- University of North Carolina at Asheville Foundation Board
- Published articles related to RESPA and FHA issues in industry publications
- A regular speaker at webinars and mortgage and title insurance industry events