Co-leader of Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Henninger S. Bullock
Product Liability & Mass Torts, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Life Sciences
Henninger "Hank" Bullock serves as co-leader of Mayer Brown's Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He is an experienced litigator who counsels clients in the financial-services and life-sciences sectors. Hank has handled hundreds of complex disputes in state and federal courts throughout the United States at both the trial and appellate levels. He also has significant experience in large multidistrict litigations, serving as liaison counsel for defense groups. These experiences have resulted in him being recognized by many prestigious publications, including Chambers USA, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation's 2017 and 2016 "Under 40 Hot List," LMG Life Sciences' "Life Sciences Star" list (2013-2018) and Law360's 2014 "Product Liability MVP" list.
Select Life Sciences Matters
- Representing one of the world’s largest generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in connection with claims alleging that its settlement of prior patent litigation involved a “reverse payment” in violation of the antitrust laws.
- Successfully argued appeals on the issue of "innovator liability" - whether brand name pharmaceutical manufacturers may be liable to patients who used only competing generic versions of the product - before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Circuits, the Iowa Supreme Court, and the Iowa Court of Appeals and the Georgia Court of Appeals. Participated in the briefing of numerous other appeals on the issue in cases before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits, as well as Florida's First District Court of Appeal. In 2015, Financial Times listed Mayer Brown as one of the most innovative North American law firms based on Hank's work on these matters.
- Boston College Law School, JD, cum laude
- Northwestern University, BA
- New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit