John Boelter is a partner in Mayer Brown's New York office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice.
John focuses his practice on corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. He represents purchasers and sellers of domestic, foreign and multinational businesses in complex public and private mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances, venture capital and other private equity investments, financings, recapitalizations and reorganizations. He also represents issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, consent solicitations, tender offers and exchange offers. John also provides counsel on securities compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Represented Assured Guaranty Corp. in its $810 million acquisition of Radian Asset Assurance Inc.
- Represented Nestlé Health Science S.A. in its venture capital investment in Seres Health, Inc.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in its $1.215 billion sale of ANGUS Chemical Company to Golden Gate Capital.
- Represented Fresenius Kabi USA , LLC in the sale of its lyophilized vial manufacturing facility in Raleigh, North Carolina to and manufacturing and supply agreement with Xellia Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Nestlé USA, Inc. in the sale of its Jenny Craig business to North Castle Partners.
- Represented CarVal Investors, LLC and its affiliate, CVI Global (Lux) Finance SARL, in the sale of the Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico to an affiliate of Walton Street Capital LLC.
- Represented AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company in its national distribution alliance with and recapitalization of PlanMember Financial Corporation.
- Represented Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA in its acquisition of Fenwal Holdings, Inc. via a private merger.
- Represented Nestlé S.A. in its $11.85 billion acquisition of the infant nutrition business of Pfizer Inc.
- Represented OCZ Technology Group in its acquisition of SANRAD, Inc.
- Represented Santander Holdings USA, Inc., an affiliate of Banco Santander, as special Illinois counsel, in its U.S. investment with Sponsor Auto Finance Holdings Series LP, a partnership which is jointly owned by investment funds affiliated with Warburg Pincus LLC, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and Centerbridge Partners L.P.
- Represented CarVal Investors, LLC and certain of its affiliates in the divestiture of portfolio assets in Colombia, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay to Tarsus Fondo de Invesión Privado, an affiliate of Galicia Financial Group.
- Represented Nestlé Health Science S.A. in its acquisition of Prometheus Laboratories Inc. via a private merger.
- Represented Nara Bancorp, Inc. in its acquisition of Center Financial Corporation via a public merger.
- Represented iPCS, Inc., a publicly traded wireless telecom company, in its sale to Sprint-Nextel Corporation via a cash tender offer.
- Represented Devon Energy Corporation in its $1.2 billion offering of debt securities.
- Represented George Weston Limited in the $2.5 billion sale of its US fresh baking business to Grupo Bimbo de SAB C.V.
- Represented Banc of America Securities LLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. and other underwriters in a $2.5 billion offering of debt securities by Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Represented Residential Capital Corporation in its $2.5 billion offering of debt securities.
- Represented Sagmel Inc. in the sale of its pharmaceutical business to Bayer A.G.
- Represented Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and other underwriters in connection with a secondary offering of $74 million in equity securities of ACCO Brands Corporation.
- Represented Nestlé S.A. in its $5.5 billion acquisition of Gerber Products Company from Novartis A.G.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories in its $4 billion offering of debt securities.
- Represented Huron Consulting Group Inc. in its acquisition of Glass & Associates, Inc.
- Represented GMAC LLC in its $500 million debt tender offer.
- Represented Schofield Media Group, LLC in its acquisition of the magazine business of CTQ Media LLC and iSixSigma LLC.
- Represented Nestlé S.A. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of the medical nutrition business of Novartis A.G.
- Represented Nucryst Pharmaceuticals Corporation in its $45 million initial public offering.
University of Minnesota Law School, JD, cum laude, Dean's List; Managing Editor and Staff Member, Minnesota Law Review
University of Minnesota, BA
- Board Member, US – Mexico Chamber of Commerce