Admitted to the Paris Bar, Maxime Billaut is an associate in the Tax practice in the Paris office.
He mainly advises international groups of companies as well as investment funds in their acquisition and financing. His practice focuses on different aspects of cross-border transactions, including tax due diligence and structuring.
He also provides assistance to companies and their managers on day to day tax matters and defends them in tax controversy matters against tax administration.
Maxime assists listed and unlisted companies in the tax structuring of employee savings schemes and in the implementation of employee shareholding plans in France and abroad. He also advises on executive remuneration and incentives matters.
In addition to his native French, Maxime is fluent in English. He also speaks Italian and Spanish.
- Advised the shareholders and managers of the Redslim group, an international player in data management, in the opening of its share capital, to Andera Acto (Andera Partners’ sponsorless mezzanine strategy).
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the acquisition of a majority stake in Realease Capital, a leading specialist in lease engineering, from Weinberg Capital Partners.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the tax planning in connection with its investment in Amexio, European leader in content management solutions.
- Advised the Grape Hospitality hotel platform on its mortgage facility extension related to its 86 hotels owned and operated in France and 6 other European countries.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the acquisition by Acolad group of Ubiqus group, language services and transcription expert.
- Advised Qualium Investissement on its majority investment in Recocash, one of the top players in the French debt servicing market.
Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Master 2 International Taxation
Paris Dauphine University, Master 1 business law and taxation