Bruno Triani Belchior
Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Africa
“Bruno Belchior is very knowledgeable, hardworking and practical. His extensive network and understanding of oil and gas matters is outstanding. He is able to deliver even in most complicated cases.”
The Legal 500
Bruno Belchior is a partner of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office and a member of the Global Energy, Corporate & Securities and M&A practice groups. He represents global oil and gas players, and has a vast experience dealing with complex legal, transactional and regulatory matters. He has represented a wide range of industry players, such as operators, oilfield service providers, drilling companies, FPSO operators, private equities, funds and banks in several oil and gas related matters. Bruno has been the leader of major transactions in the entire petroleum industry chain, including E&P asset acquisitions, midstream and downstream M&A and project developments, including host government negotiations; exploration, development, and production operations; unitizations; and arbitration disputes.
Bruno has represented numerous energy companies in a wide range of projects. His distinguished clients and engagements have included:
M&A Transactions and Projects
- Advised Petronas on the 2nd Transfer of Rights Surplus Bid Round promoted by ANP, which offered the development areas of the Atapu and Sépia, located in the Santos Basin.
- Advised Petronas on the negotiation of all related commercial and operational contracts to the Sepia field, resulting from the 2nd Transfer of Rights Surplus Bid Round, including the Co-participation Agreement referring to the Transfer of Rights Regime (“ToR”) and sharing (“PSC”), and the unitized area involving ToR, PSC and concession.
- Advised PetroRio on the acquisition of the Albacora and Albacora Leste Fields, and related infrastructure, including FPSOs, from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A – Petrobras – in the context of the Petrobras divestment process.
- Transactions, regulatory matters and project development of pipelines, refineries, gas-to-power and liquified natural gas (LNG) are among Bruno Belchior‘s core areas of activity; he is also noted for his experience in joint ventures, bid processes and regulatory issues involving host government E&P contracts - Ranked as a Leading Individual for Energy And Natural Resources: Hydrocarbons in The Legal 500
- Bruno Belchior focuses his practice handling complex M&A transactions for oil and gas companies. He offers additional strength in contract negotiations. – Ranked as Band 4 for Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas in Chambers Brazil and Chambers Global
- Ranked as Leading for Oil & Gas in Leaders League Brasil
- Recognized in Energy in LACCA Approved
- Recommended for Energy in Who's Who Legal
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, LLM, Corporate Law/Business Law Certificate
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Member, Britcham