Marjan Batchelor is an associate in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. She represents clients in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters. Before joining the firm, Marjan was a business litigation associate at a Minneapolis-based firm, where she worked for two years after serving as a judicial clerk for Justice Alan C. Page of the Minnesota Supreme Court and Judge Paul A. Magnuson at the federal district court level.
During law school, Marjan gained litigation experience in Boston University’s Civil Litigation Clinic as the lead student attorney in a legal malpractice trial which she won in favor of her clients. Before law school, Marjan worked for Wells Fargo as a home mortgage auditor, at a human rights non-profit organization, and for a newspaper focused on the African immigrant community.
University of Minnesota, BS, with high honors
Boston University, JD
- Not admitted in Texas. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.
- US District Court for the District of Minnesota
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Houston Lawyers Association
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinders program
- Federal Bar Association