Admitted to the Paris bar, Elise Baha is an associate in the Banking & Finance and Global Projects practices of the Paris office.
Elise focuses on structured finance and regularly advises on international asset and project finance transactions, with a focus on the aviation and mining industries. She is familiar with matters governed by OHADA law and her experience extends to advising on all types of projects related to Africa.
She also represents arranging banks, investment funds and sponsors in structured finance (such as trade receivables securitizations and asset-based lending) and complex international transactions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Elise worked in regulation of investment funds and asset managers for banking and financial regulatory authorities.
In addition to her native French, Elise is fluent in English.
Areas of Focus
- Advised a Lone Star affiliated company and Générale Continentale Investissements (GCI) in the context of the financing of the acquisition, from MACSF, of an office building of approximately 12.000 sqm located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, the former headquarter of the Lafarge-Holcim company.
- Advised Toro Gold with regard to financing project capital costs incurred in the construction and commissioning of the Mako Gold Project (Senegal) and project operating costs.
- Advised the lenders with regard to the refinancing of the Endeavour group, in Mali, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast.
- Advising BNP Paribas and Bank of America Europe DAC on the €335.4m refinancing of a pan-European portfolio of 61 logistic properties (including 31 properties located in France) held by a Blackstone’s fund, in part by means of senior debt securitized through a CMBS transaction arranged by BNP Paribas and in part by means of mezzanine debt provided by Bank of America Europe DAC.
- Advised Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) in connection with its investment to acquire approximately 45% of Nouvelle Gabon Mining (NGM), a company holding two major manganese concessions in Gabon and subsequent acquisitions.
- Advised UniCredit Bank AG, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, ING Bank N.V. and Deutsche Bank AG on the refinancing of a $350 M revolving credit granted to Endeavour Mining Corporation. This deal has been awarded the “African Mining Deal of the Year” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Advised an American credit institution on the arrangement and implementation of an asset-based lending financing on the operating assets of a group specialized in the sale of second-hand vehicles.
- Advised an American credit institution on the arrangement and implementation of an asset-based lending financing on operating assets of a French industrial group.
- Advised an American credit institution on the arrangement and implementation of an asset-based lending financing on operating assets of an American group specialized in financial services.
Université Paris X Nanterre, Master I droit des affaires
Université de Paris XI, Master 2 Droit financier en partenariat avec l’ESCP Europe
Cardiff University Law School, Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Studies – Business Law