Construction & Engineering, Middle East, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Ali Auda, senior associate, has experience of working with clients on projects globally, particularly in the energy & infrastructure sectors, focusing on the resolution of construction disputes in international arbitration.
Ali is a native Arabic speaker and has an interest in matters connected with the Middle East. He has previously completed a secondment to the Dubai office.
Ali joined Mayer Brown in 2017 from a leading US firm where he spent part of his training on secondment to Abu Dhabi focusing on energy, infrastructure, project and asset finance projects.
Construction (including arbitration matters)
- Advising on a number of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America.
- Advising on a dispute arising out of a series of contracts for the Engineering Procurement and Construction of facilities to support our clients oil field expansion scheme in Iraq.
- Advising our client on a sub-contract dispute in relation to consultancy services for the management of a Museum and Cultural project in Kuwait.
- Advising an EPC Turnkey Contractor in the pre-arbitration stage under the UNCITRAL Rules in a dispute related to a Joint Venture Agreement involving a Korean contractor for the construction of a combined cycle power plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Listed as a key lawyer for International Arbitration - Legal 500
- Awarded the “Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Prize for International Arbitration” on the LLM programme at University College London.
- University of Law, LLM in International Legal Practice
- University College London (University of London), LLM in International Commercial Law
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB
- England and Wales
- New York