Paul Astolfi is Co-Head of Mayer Brown’s Projects & Infrastructure group and has spent the better part of the last 20 years working on greenfield and brownfield power, energy and infrastructure finance and M&A transactions and reorganizations. His experience includes billions of dollars of investment in renewable energy companies and projects, gas-fired peakers in PJM, QFs in MISO, hedged merchant wind and solar facilities in ERCOT (and elsewhere), contracted solar facilities in CAISO, various energy projects in Mexico, and several project bond financings (144A and private placements). Paul has a particularly strong expertise in multi-tiered financing structures and cross-border transactions, including intercreditor arrangements and workouts. Paul speaks French competently and can read and understand Spanish. He is a member of the New York Bar, among others.
- Represented CDPQ on USD 3 billion equity investment in Invenergy Renewables Holdings LLC.
- Represented CDPQ with respect to its investment in the Invenergy-sponsored New York Bight offshore wind project.
- Represented MUFG, as lead arranger, in the construction loan for Kings Point Wind Farm (150 MW) and North Fork Wind Farm (150 MW), sponsored by Algonquin being developed in Missouri. The Kings Point and North Fork wind farms will generate a total of about 300 MW.
- Represented MUFG and Santander in the construction loan for Neosho Wind Farm (301 MW) sponsored by Algonquin being developed in Kansas.
- Represented Global Atlantic Financial Group providing term debt for five utility-scale solar projects in Culberson County, Texas and Riverside County, California with an approximately 1.7 gigawatts (GWp) being developed by SoftBank Energy Corp.
- Athos I – 250 MW
- Athos II – 200 MW
- Juno – 300 MW
- Titan – 270 MW
- Aragorn – 260 MW
- Represented Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale, New York Branch and Cooperatieve Rabobank U.A., New York Branch in the construction, tax equity bridge, and back-leverage financing of Concho Valley Solar, an approximately 160 MWac solar photovoltaic generation facility located in Tom Green County, Texas.
- Represented Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale, New York Branch as sole Lead Arranger for a USD 189 million senior secured loan facility and a USD 53.8 million letter of credit facility related to the construction of an approximately 336 MW wind project in Texas.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A., Société Générale and CaixaBank in a roughly USD 355 million construction loan, bridge loan and letter of credit facility to finance the construction of Samson I, an approximately 250 MW (AC) solar generation facility in Lamar County, Texas being developed by Invenergy Renewables Global LLC.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A., Société Générale and CaixaBank in a roughly USD 330 million construction loan, bridge loan and letter of credit facility to finance the construction of Samson III, an approximately 250 MW (AC) solar generation facility in Lamar County, Texas being developed by Invenergy Renewables Global LLC.
- Represented Santander Bank, S.A., Bank of America, National Association and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in an approximately USD 348 million construction, tax equity bridge, and back leverage financing of Great Pathfinder Wind in Iowa, a 225 MW wind project sponsored by Apex Clean Energy Holdings.
The University of Michigan Law School, JD
University of Massachusetts at Amherst, BA
- New York