Andrew Ang is a partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice in Mayer Brown PK Wong & Nair Pte. Ltd.'s Singapore office. He has over 25 years of experience in civil and commercial litigation matters.
He has acted for and advised a wide range of institutions, corporations, professionals and stakeholders in various matters relating to restructuring and insolvency, employment law, contract claims, banking matters, construction claims, estate matters, shareholder minority oppression claims, derivative actions and disputes concerning breaches of fiduciary duties.
He is a Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths in Singapore.
- Advised management, professionals and stakeholders on a number of domestic and regional corporate restructuring matters.
- Advised on matters relating to contractual obligations, novations, settlement of claims and recovery of account receivables in the context of a structured winding down/closure of entities.
- Advised on various matters concerning restrictive covenants and non-solicitation issues as well as tiered salary structures and claw backs.
- Acted in proceedings concerning the termination of employment of the Managing Director of a Singapore company, which was part of a leading global trading entity. Issues concerning fiduciary/trust obligations, breaches and cross claims.
- Acted for clients in a range of arbitration disputes concerning commercial contracts and supply of services.
- Acted for listed entities in a variety of matters including defamation claims, joint venture disputes and Security of Payment claims.
- Advised corporate and professional entities in relation to shareholders’ and directors’ rights and obligations, minority oppression, fiduciary and trust matters.
University of Kent, BA, Law
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Advocacy Trainer, The Law Society of Singapore
- Notary Public, Singapore Academy of Law
- Commissioner for Oaths, Singapore Academy of Law