Heather Adkerson is a partner in Mayer Brown's Real Estate practice in Chicago. Heather represents US and foreign real estate investment trusts, insurance companies, pension funds, opportunity funds, developers, and other institutional investors in a broad range of real estate transactions across asset classes, including multi-family, parking, senior housing/assisted living, office, retail and hotel. She has significant experience representing clients in the acquisition, disposition and financing of individual and multi-asset portfolios of real estate, the creation of joint ventures for the ownership and development of real estate, and a broad range of financing matters, including construction, conventional and mezzanine loans. She also represents financing institutions in construction and permanent financing transactions.
- Represented opportunity fund in the creation of a joint venture and in the joint venture’s acquisition and financing of an approximately $150 million office complex outside of San Francisco.
- Represented opportunity fund in its acquisition of an office complex in Dallas valued at approximately $130 million.
- Represents Australian real estate investment trust in connection with joint ventures, financings and dispositions for its US office and retail portfolios.
- Represented debt fund in the origination and participation of a mortgage loan secured by a retail center in the Chicago suburbs
- Represented opportunity fund in approximately $350 million capital restructuring with preferred equity investment in distressed casino property.
- Represented Australian real estate investment trust in restructuring mezzanine and mortgage loans on its US industrial portfolio.
Georgetown University Law Center, JD, cum laudeDean's List; Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
Vanderbilt University, BA, magna cum laude