"Heather is extremely responsive and has a strong command of market terms and commercial awareness."Chambers USA
Heather Adkerson is a partner in Mayer Brown's Real Estate practice in Chicago. Heather represents US and foreign real estate investment trusts, insurance companies, pension funds, opportunity funds, developers, and other institutional investors in a broad range of real estate transactions across asset classes, including multi-family, parking, senior housing/assisted living, office, retail and hotel. She has significant experience representing clients in the acquisition, disposition and financing of individual and multi-asset portfolios of real estate, the creation of joint ventures for the ownership and development of real estate, and a broad range of financing matters, including construction, conventional and mezzanine loans. Ranked in Chambers USA, clients describe Heather as having “good business judgment and is highly responsive and easy to work with."
- Represented opportunity fund in the creation of a joint venture and in the joint venture’s acquisition and financing of an approximately $150 million office complex outside of San Francisco.
- Represented opportunity fund in its acquisition of an office complex in Dallas valued at approximately $130 million.
- Represents Australian real estate investment trust in connection with joint ventures, financings and dispositions for its US office and retail portfolios.
- Represented debt fund in the origination and participation of a mortgage loan secured by a retail center in the Chicago suburbs
- Represented opportunity fund in approximately $350 million capital restructuring with preferred equity investment in distressed casino property.
- Represented Australian real estate investment trust in restructuring mezzanine and mortgage loans on its US industrial portfolio.
Georgetown University Law Center, JD, cum laude
Dean's List; Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
Vanderbilt University, BA, magna cum laude