Mayer Brown is ranked or listed in 85 practices in the 2023 edition of Chambers Global. Tauil & Chequer (T&C) in association with Mayer Brown was ranked or listed in an additional 10 categories in the Brazil and Mozambique regions. Chambers Global also recognized 103 Mayer Brown lawyers across 138 rankings, and 17 T&C lawyers across 22 rankings.
Seven of Mayer Brown’s practice rankings were Band One:
- Capital Markets: Securitization: ABS, US (second consecutive year);
- Capital Markets: Securitization: RMBS, US (second consecutive year);
- Capital Markets: Structured Products, US (second consecutive year);
- General Business Law, Myanmar (fourth consecutive year);
- Privacy & Data Security: Highly Regarded, US (second consecutive year);
- Projects & Energy: Mining & Minerals, Global: Multi-Jurisdictional (second consecutive year); and
- Projects: PPP, US (13th consecutive year).
T&C was recognized in Brazil with Band One rankings in:
- Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded (third consecutive year);
- Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas (fifth consecutive year); and
- Tax Non-contentious: Highly Regarded
Of the recognized lawyers, 16 of Mayer Brown and T&C practitioners achieved a top-band or higher ranking:
- Nicholas Hunsworth – Dispute Resolution: Litigation (International Firms), China;
- Phyllis Korff – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Eastern United States, US;
- Daniel Masur – Outsourcing, US;
- Klaus Riehmer – Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market, Germany; and
- Frederick Thomas – Corporate/M&A (International & Cross-Border), US.
- Alexandre Chequer – Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas, Brazil;
- Maggie Cheung – Shipping: Finance (International Firms), China;
- Gabriela Kennedy – Intellectual Property (International Firms), China;
- Stephanie Monaco – Investment Funds: Regulatory & Compliance, US;
- Bob Palmer – Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas, UK;
- Anna Pinedo – Capital Markets: Structured Products, US;
- Eric Pogue – Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy, US;
- Joseph Seliga – Projects: PPP, US;
- Richard Stock – Aviation: Finance, Asia-Pacific Region;
- Paulette Vander Schueren – International Trade/WTO, Europe-wide; and
- Jon Van Gorp – Capital Markets: Securitization: RMBS, US.