Vivien Yip is a partner of Mayer Brown. Vivien is developing a considerable practice advising on financial services related disputes, with an additional focus on PRC related corporate and commercial disputes. She also has extensive experience advising on shareholders and securities disputes, probate litigation and media related litigation.
Vivien was listed as an “Associate to Watch” in Chambers Asia-Pacific (2015) and praised by clients as “thorough, precise and careful”.
Financial services and banking matters
- Acted for banks in defending claims concerning sales of investment products and advised on related regulatory issues.
- Acted for clients in SFC investigations.
- Represented an investment bank in a dispute concerning the trading of pre-IPO shares.
- Acted for a property developer in enforcement proceedings in Hong Kong, resisting the enforcement of a CIETAC arbitral award related to a property development project in the PRC. Also advised in related proceedings and arbitrations in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Advised international investment funds/investment banks in disputes concerning private equity investments in the PRC.
- Represented a leading technology firm in a breach of confidence and conspiracy claim in Hong Kong which infringement acts happened in the PRC.
Corporate and commercial disputes
- Representing clients in s.168A (minority shareholders unfair prejudice) applications and winding-up applications.
- Advising clients on general contractual and commercial disputes including international sales of goods and applications for urgent restraining orders.
- Advising and representing a private individual in corporate and probate proceedings related to the construction of a letter of wishes of a deceased person dealing with his substantial interests in various listed and private companies, involving complex equity and trust issues.
- Advising the Committee of Estate in the administration of the estate of a Mentally Incapacitated Person and related probate proceedings.
- Advising a media company in defending defamation claims and advising generally on related matters.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University of London, LLB
University of London, LLM
- England und Wales
- Hong Kong
- Next Generation Lawyer, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)
- Associate to Watch – Chambers Asia-Pacific (2015)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015)