"'a great tax mind.'"Chambers USA
Clients turn to Larry Langdon for his wealth of experience in tax controversy/planning and deep knowledge of federal tax policies/applications.
Clients draw on his extensive experience from his career prior to joining Mayer Brown, holding senior positions with the US Internal Revenue Service (Commissioner, Large & Mid-Size Business Division, 1999–2003; Legislation and Regulations Division, Office of Counsel, 1964–1968; and Joint Committee Division, Office of Chief Counsel, 1961–1962) and, in the private sector, with leading firms, such as Hewlett-Packard (VP, General Transition Manager, 1999; VP, Tax, Licensing and Customs, 1978–1999); Vetco, Inc. (Director of Taxes and Corporate Secretary, 1976–1978); and the Ford Motor Company (Senior Tax Attorney, General Counsel's Office, 1968–1976). Larry also worked with the CARE organization from 1962 to1964.
Clients served by Larry include HealthSouth, Agilent, and AME Zion.
New York University School of Law , LLM, Taxation
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, JD
The Ohio State University, BS, Business Administration
- US Supreme Court
- US Tax Court
- Chair and member of several nonprofit boards
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Tax Executives Institute (Santa Clara Valley President, 1984-1985; International President, 1988-1989)
- Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (Chair, Tax Councils I, II, and III)
- Chair, Tax and Fiscal Policy, Joint Venture Silicon Valley (1996-1999)
- National Tax Association (Vice President, 1999)
- International Fiscal Association, Council member and Executive Committee member (1996-1999); Executive Vice President (1999); member of 1990-1991 IRS Commissioner's Advisory Group
- Speaker – American Bar Association Section of Taxation, American Institute of CPAs, Manufacturers Alliance [MAPI], Tax Executives Institute, many other professional/industry groups
- "'A great tax mind.'" – Chambers USA