"'a great tax mind.'"Chambers USA 2006
Attorney Larry Langdon brings comprehensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and planning to clients’ service. He is widely recognized for his knowledge of federal tax policies and applications and has been characterized by Chambers USA 2006 as "'a great tax mind.'"
Larry has been a speaker at the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, American Institute of CPAs, Manufacturers Alliance [MAPI], Tax Executives Institute and many other professional and industry groups.
Larry joined Mayer Brown in 2003. Previously, he held senior positions with the US Internal Revenue Service (Commissioner, Large & Mid-Size Business Division, 1999–2003; Legislation and Regulations Division, Office of Counsel, 1964–1968; and Joint Committee Division, Office of Chief Counsel, 1961–1962) and, in the private sector, with leading firms such as Hewlett-Packard (VP, General Transition Manager, 1999; VP, Tax, Licensing and Customs, 1978–1999); Vetco, Inc. (Director of Taxes and Corporate Secretary, 1976–1978); and the Ford Motor Company (Senior Tax Attorney, General Counsel’s Office, 1968–1976). Larry also worked with the CARE organization from 1962–1964.
TEI Chicago Annual Conference
New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, JD
The Ohio State University, BS, Business Administration
- US Supreme Court
- US Tax Court
- Chair and member of several non-profit boards
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Tax Executives Institute (Santa Clara Valley President, 1984–1985; International President, 1988–1989)
- Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (Chair, Tax Councils I, II and III)
- Chair, Tax and Fiscal Policy, Joint Venture Silicon Valley (1996–1999)
- National Tax Association (Vice President, 1999)
- International Fiscal Association, Council member and Executive Committee member (1996–1999); Executive Vice President (1999); member of 1990–1991 IRS Commissioner's Advisory Group