Ryan’s experience includes representing:
Public Company Transactions
- YUM! Brands, Inc. in its pending acquisition of The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
- Sparton Corporation in its sale to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. in its acquisition of The Navigators Group, Inc.
- Prologis, Inc. in (i) its acquisition of Industrial Property Trust Inc. and (ii) its stock-for-stock merger with DCT Industrial Trust Inc.
- SCANA Corporation in its stock-for-stock merger with Dominion Energy, Inc.
- Kuraray Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Sparton Corporation in its sale to Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (terminated prior to closing)
- Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. in its cash and stock sale to Eldorado Resorts, Inc.
- TransCanada Corporation in its acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc.
- The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited in its acquisition of Protective Life Corporation*
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company in its acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.*
- Medtronic Inc. in its acquisition of China Kanghui Holdings*
Private Equity Transactions
- A publicly traded REIT managed by a leading U.S. private equity firm in its investment in a provider of technology-enabled services to the mortgage and financial services industry
- A Texas-based private equity firm in various transactions and related matters, including (i) its acquisition of a designer and distributor of products in the outdoor enthusiast and active lifestyle markets and (ii) its acquisition of a sourcer and exporter of products manufactured in China
- A family office in its quick service restaurant joint venture with a U.S.-based middle market private equity firm
Other M&A Transactions
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in its sale of the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino to an affiliate of Imperial Companies
- A provider of market data and internet connectivity services to the financial industry in its sale to the portfolio company of a U.S.-based middle market private equity firm
- A publicly traded Fortune 100 company in (i) its acquisition of a third party logistics and reverse logistics service provider and (ii) its acquisition of an international shipping logistics service provider*
*The above representations were handled by Ryan prior to his joining Mayer Brown.
University of Michigan, BA
University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude