Admitted to the Paris bar, Rémy Bonnaud is counsel in the Tax Transactions & Consulting practice in the Paris office.
He mainly advises international groups and investment funds in their acquisition and financing, as well as real estate transactions. His practice focuses on different aspects of cross-border transactions, including tax due diligence and structuring.
He also advises investment funds on structuring aspects and provides assistance to companies with regard to their day-to-day tax matters.
In addition to his native French, Rémy is fluent in English.
- Advised Oaktree Capital and PAC Invest (holding owned by the co-founder of Mediawan) on the acquisition of the football club Stade Malherbe Caen.
- Advised Montefiore Investment in connection with the launch of a tender offer on the shares of Groupe Open, a listed digital service provider company.
- Advised BidCo Breteuil, a KKR holding company, and the founders of Mediawan, the French media conglomerate, on the launch of a tender offer on all Mediawan securities. Simultaneously, advised BidCo Breteuil and Mediawan on three other separate conditional acquisitions: Lagardère Studio, Leonine and Groupe Troisième Œil.
- Advised Parquest Capital on the sale of their interests in Accès Industrie, a leading independant company specialised in in aerial work platforms and telescopic forklifts rental.
- Advised Montefiore Investment in connection with the refinancing of the existing debt of Isabel Marant group.
- Advised Pernod Ricard in connection with the sale of Café de Paris to InVivo Wine.
- Advised ICG in connection with its investment in Picard, a frozen food distributor, through the portfolio company Invest Group Zouari (IGZ).
- Advised Stirling Square Capital Partners on the structuring aspects of the acquisition of the Verescence group, a perfumery and cosmetic packaging business.
- Advised the consortium formed by Sagard, Bpifrance and TowerBrook on its acquisition of Sabena technics from the TAT group.
- Advised private equity fund Meeschaert Capital Partners on the acquisition of 2BR Mobilité, a French leader for disabled children school transportation.
- Advised private equity fund Charterhouse Capital Partners and Ophiliam Management on the creation of a joint venture to acquire Funecap, a funeral services provider.
- Advised the management of Delachaux SA, a French leading company in rail infrastructure equipment and diversified industries in connection with the minority investment in Delachaux by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ).
- Advised private equity fund LBO France in the sale of Eminence, a French leading manufacturer of underwear for men to Delta Galil Industries.
- Advised Unilever, the British-Dutch transnational consumer goods company, on its sale to Dr Oetker of Alsa France and related business.
- Advised private equity fund ICG on the acquisition of Sogal, a French manufacturer of tailor-made interior design.
- Advised Accor Invest and its management in connection with the spin-off of Accor Invest from Accor Hotel.
- Advised private equity fund Pragma Capital on the acquisition of IMX group, a private international mail company, from its founders.
- Advised private equity fund Oaktree Capital on the sale of Axilone, a company specialized in packaging for the beauty care industry, to Citic Capital.
- Advised private equity fund LBO France on its acquisition of groupe RG Safety from Abenex.
- Advised the shareholders of Maison Kurkdjian on an agreement between Maison Francis Kurkdjian and the LVMH group.
- Advised private equity fund Sagard on its acquisition of Ipackchem, a leading European company specialized in plastic packaging, from Cerea Partenaire and Bpifrance.
- Advised Kerneos, a leader in aluminate technologies, on its disposal to Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, by private equity fund Astorg.
- Advised Alpha/Cooper Group (ultimately held by Charterhouse Capital Partners) (“Coopération Pharmaceutique Française”) on the acquisition of Vemedia, one of Europe’s leading producers and distributors of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, food supplements and medical devices.
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas