Tameem Zainulbhai is a partner in Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice. Tameem represents issuers, borrowers, underwriters, lenders, investors, private equity funds, insurance companies and financial institutions in a broad range of lending, financing and securitization transactions. He develops innovative approaches to funding difficult-to-finance assets such as nonperforming mortgage loans, distressed ABS and MBS, residential homes, single family rental properties, mortgage servicing rights and servicing advances. He also assists clients in developing innovative solutions to fund their operations and sell or acquire asset portfolios and businesses.
His experience includes advising on the financing of residential mortgage loans, commercial mortgage loans, single family rentals, non-performing and re-performing loans, fix and flip loans, consumer loans, retail installment contracts, as well as the financing of servicing and corporate advances and mortgage servicing rights. Tameem’s securitization experience includes public and private transactions involving various asset classes, including residential mortgage loans, commercial mortgage loans, aircraft leases, and commercial loans. In addition, Tameem has represented clients in connection with a variety mergers and acquisitions such as portfolio sales, acquisitions of mortgage companies and acquisitions of mortgage servicers.
- Structured and negotiated multiple one-off and flow asset purchase arrangements for mortgage loans, mortgage servicing rights and consumer finance origination and servicing platforms.
- Structured and negotiated multiple mortgage loan securitization transactions and structured warehouse facilities issuing both public and private securities, including REMIC and non-REMIC structures for commercial and residential mortgage loans, non-qm mortgage loans, fix and flip loans and nonperforming loans.
- Structured and negotiated multiple mortgage loan acquisition structures for financial institutions, private equity funds and insurance companies utilizing common law trusts and statutory trusts.
- Structured and negotiated multiple repurchase agreements and securities lending agreements for ABS, MBS and mortgage loans.
- Structured and negotiated cross-border mortgage-loan transactions.
- Negotiated and conducted diligence with respect to multiple mergers and acquisitions involving mortgage companies.
The University of Chicago, 学士
Fordham University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Editor, Fordham International Law Journal