Kitty Swanson is counsel in the Tax practice of the London office. She joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2011 and spent six months on secondment to Aon UK Limited during her training contract.
Kitty has advised on the tax aspects of a wide range of domestic and cross-border matters and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, fund structuring, domestic and international reorganisations, real estate transactions, employment-related matters, banking and structured finance, and insurance matters.
Kitty is an International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Advised Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
Chartered Institute of Taxation, Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (with distinction)
Nottingham Law School , 法学学士
Kaplan Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Cambridge, MA (Modern & Medieval Languages - French & Italian)
- International Tax Affiliate, Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Member, Share Plan Lawyers.
- Listed as a 'key lawyer' for Corporate Tax and Employee Share Schemes - Legal 500 2020.
- Kitty was awarded the Chartered Institute of Taxation’s “Raymond Kelly Medal” for achieving the highest mark in Paper 2, Advanced International Taxation (Jurisdiction): United Kingdom option of the June 2015 Advanced Diploma in International Tax examinations.