矿业, 全球项目, 基础设施投资
"Rachel Speight is a market leader in the Projects and Mining practice groups. She is responsive, bright, hands on and a solid partner to have on your side."
"Rachel is extremely sound and her experience in mining is second to none."
Banks and sponsors seek out Rachel Speight for representation in international project and alternative financings. She particularly advises clients in the mining finance sector and infrastructure finance in the road, rail and healthcare sectors, including work on PPP projects.
Rachel has served clients including Africa Finance Corporation, Société Générale and the Development Finance Corporation. Rachel is a non-executive director for Women in Mining (UK) - a not- for -profit organization that seeks to promote the employment, retention and progress of women in the mining industry. She is also the partner in charge of both Graduate Recruitment and Pro Bono for the Mayer Brown London office and is the client- relationship partner for The Alzheimer’s Society.
Mining sector — Africa
- A syndicate of lenders including African Export-Import Bank and Africa Finance Corp., ING, Société Générale and Natixis on a $220 million senior secured project financing facility for the underground expansion and ongoing operations of the Karowe diamond mine in Botswana and the subsequent restructuring.
- Discovery Minerals on the successful project financing of its Boseto Copper project in Botswana ("African Mining Deal of the Year 2011" Project Finance Magazine).
- The Lenders, including Société Générale and BNP Paribas on the financing and development of Roxgold Inc.'s Yaramoko gold project in Burkina Faso ("Africa – Mining and Metals Deal of the Year 2015" IJGlobal Europe and Africa Awards).
- Coris Bank on its USD95m financing of the Orezone gold mine in Burkina Faso which involved intercreditor discussions with a stream provider and mezzanine financier.
- Coris Bank on its USD265m financing of the Kiaka gold mine in Burkina Faso.
- A Leading individual for Emerging Markets and Infrastructure: Project Finance and Development and a Leading individual and key lawyer for Mining and Minerals, "Rachel Speight is a market leader in the Projects and Mining practice groups. She is responsive, bright, hands on and a solid partner to have on your side." "Rachel Speight brought an exceptional combination of mining sector knowledge and project finance expertise and experience to our transaction. Her hard work and clear, focused, and always helpful advice were always appreciated and on point." - Legal 500
- "Rachel has very good relationships with banks. She's very thorough and can bring lenders together." "She is responsive and extremely helpful on how best to move forward to progress a transaction." "Rachel is extremely sound and her experience in mining is second to none." - Chambers UK
- “Rachel Speight is well regarded for her finance practice and regularly advises banks and investment funds on the acquisition and financing of mining projects. Her international practice includes advising on transactions across Africa and the Americas. ‘She's excellent on mining project finance matters.’ ‘She has very profound mining knowledge and provides a very high level of responsiveness.’” – Chambers UK