Christopher G. Smith
金融服务监管及执行, 消费金融服务, 私募股权、基金和投资管理
Christopher Smith is counsel in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. His practice focuses on representation of purchasers and sellers of mortgage servicing rights and whole loans. Chris represents clients from the initial offer for purchase or sale, through negotiations and drafting of the final agreement, closing of the transaction, and continues to work with clients with respect to any issues which may arise after closing. In addition, Chris represents clients in the negotiation of servicing agreements and subservicing agreements, and counsels on issues related to the ensuing relationship.
Chris also counsels clients on matters related to the Flood Disaster Protection Act and related regulations, including requirements with respect to amount of coverage, lender placed insurance, and letter and notification requirements. In addition Chris advises clients with respect to other regulatory matters related to both federal and state law, particularly in the areas of consumer lending and mortgage lending.
- Represented mortgage loan servicing company in the purchase of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae servicing rights in a coordinated program of more than 150 purchases from multiple sellers through bulk and flow transactions, covering servicing rights related to residential mortgage loans with aggregate balances in excess of $250 billion.
- Represented mortgage loan servicing company in the bulk sale of a portfolio of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac servicing rights encompassing approximately $18.9 billion in unpaid principal balances.
- Drafted forms of Flow Servicing Rights Purchase and Sale Agreements for use by mortgage loan servicing companies in purchasing servicing rights through the Fannie Mae Servicing Marketplace Program.
- Assisted client in negotiation of an Interim Servicing Agreement with Freddie Mac, whereby the client would aggregate and interim service reperforming and nonperforming loans on behalf of Freddie Mac.
- Represented purchaser corporation in multiple asset acquisitions of regional mortgage originators.
- Represented corporation’s stockholders in 100% stock sale of a mortgage originator.
- Represented national bank in sales of servicing rights related to performing and nonperforming mortgage loans, both government agency owned and privately owned. Also represented the national bank in the negotiation of the related servicing agreements.
- Assisted federally regulated bank in its diligence of several potential subservicers for compliance with federal flood insurance regulations.
- Represented client in the negotiation of Loan Purchase Agreements for the purchase of small dollar, “marketplace loans”, and assisted in the negotiation of the related servicing agreements.
- Assisted client in the negotiation of a Servicing Agreement for the servicing of consumer accounts related to jewelry purchases.
- 宾夕法尼亚大学法学院, 法律博士
Senior editor, Journal of Business Law
- Hamilton College, 文学学士
Phi Alpha Theta