Brian W. Nolan
Brian W. Nolan helps clients to achieve successful outcomes in intellectual property litigation, licensing, counseling, and due diligence in patent, trade secret, unfair competition, antitrust, trademark, counterfeit goods, and copyright law. Brian has handled matters related to technologies, from life sciences to high tech to consumer goods. Chambers quotes clients saying that "he understands a client's needs and applies it to the business issue at hand very effectively." LMG Life Sciences recognized Brian as a "Life Sciences Star," and according to IAM 1000, "Brian takes a very pragmatic approach and completely understands the business side of things; he has also committed to memory all the case precedents for the most frequently litigated pharmaceutical patent issues. Brian is recognized by clients as being highly responsive and is highly effective at managing projects within budget constraints." Clients are impressed by Brian's "ability to cross over seamlessly into other fields such as semiconductors and information technology."
Representative District Court and Administrative Agency Experience
- District court patent infringement action relating to organic over-the-counter children and infant medicines. (Genexa, Inc. v. KinderFarms, LLC., C.D. Cal.)
- District court patent infringement action relating ULTOMIRIS® and a patent claiming methods of use for antibodies with specific binding profiles under different pH conditions (Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd v. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., D. Del.)
- Post-Grant Review proceeding brought against patent owner in organic OTC pharmaceutical products (KinderFarms LLC v. Genexa Inc., USPTO)
- Inter Partes Review proceeding brought against patent owner in the hemostasis point-of-care device space (HemoSonics LLC v. C.A. Casyso GmbH, USPTO)
- Lehigh University, B.S.C.E.
- Fordham University School of Law, 法律博士
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey