Robert Harrell is a partner in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He has a broad business litigation practice, having handled shareholder and other corporate disputes; class actions; RICO claims; patent infringement; breaches of contract; violations of fiduciary and other professional duties; complex insurance coverage issues; and other types of commercial disputes. He regularly defends officers and directors in shareholder derivative matters, SEC investigations and other disputes involving corporate governance issues, as well as represents insurers in D&O policy disputes. Bob has also had an active practice representing professionals, including lawyers and accountants.
Bob has handled lawsuits and arbitrations in numerous areas involving technology, including computer systems integration, software development and network privacy. These include intellectual property matters, including patent, copyright and trade secrets lawsuits. He has been ranked in The Legal 500 US for patent litigation and hi-tech electronics.
Bob has tried more than 50 cases to verdict or judgment in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels. Bob has been recognized for his trial skills by admission to the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is ranked in Benchmark Litigation as a Local Litigation Star, Texas, in General Commercial, Intellectual Property and Securities. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America every year since 1995 and has been designated a Texas Super Lawyer since 2003.
Earlier in his career, Bob served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joe Ingraham, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
10 月 24 日2022 年
10 月 20 日2021 年
2 月 24 日2021
10 月 14 日2022 年
2 月 25 日2022 年
The University of Texas School of Law, JD, with honors
The University of Texas at Austin, BA, summa cum laude
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Western District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Texas Court of Appeals
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, Texas Bar Foundation, and Houston Bar Foundation
- Alley Theatre, Board of Directors (2010 - present)
- United Way, Alexis de Tocqueville Society, Lawyers Initiative Steering Committee
- University of Texas, Chancellor's Council
- University of Texas School of Law, adjunct professor, trial practice skills (1987 - 1992)
- Legal 500 US, Intellectual property: patent litigation – hi-tech electronics/IT, The Legal 500, 2008
- Legal 500 US, Patent litigation - full coverage, The Legal 500, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 1995 - 2018
- Lawyer of the Year, Houston: Information Technology Law, Best Lawyers, 2015
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003 - 2017
- Local Litigation Star, Texas: intellectual property, general commercial, securities, Benchmark Litigation, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2013 - 2017
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014