Joshua Gross is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the firm’s Restructuring practice. He represents creditors, debtors, purchasers, and other interested parties in all aspects of in-court and out-of-court restructurings. Joshua also advises companies on a wide range of insolvency considerations in non-distressed settings including consumer finance, insurance, securitization, and real estate transactions.
In addition, Joshua regularly advises corporate trustees and administrative agents in a variety of matters, including with respect to new debt issuances, debt restructuring and refinancing, and the post-closing administration and wind-up of asset-backed securitizations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2017, Joshua served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary Gorman in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Joshua’s representative matters include:
- GWG Holdings, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries, a publicly-traded life settlements and alternative investments company with approximately $2.1 billion in debt at the time of filing, as debtors’ counsel, in connection with their chapter 11 cases.
- The original administrative agent and lead lender, under a $200 million multi-lender first lien secured facility to FrontPoint Security Solutions, LLC, a major alarm security company, and its affiliates. This transaction was awarded “Industrials Deal of the Year” at The M&A Advisor’s 2021 Turnaround Awards.
- The administrative agent and largest lender under the $500 million syndicated multi-lender pre-petition revolving credit facility to Brazos Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. in its chapter 11 case.
- School Specialty, Inc., a leading provider of educational products and services to the Pre-K- 12th grade market in the U.S. and Canada, in its successful out-of-court restructuring of more than $300 million of debt and consensual sale of substantially all of its assets to an entity formed by TCW Asset Management Company, LLC, Cerberus Capital Management, and Lantern Capital Partners.
Northeastern Illinois University, BA, summa cum laude
University of Illinois, 工商管理硕士
Academic Excellence Award
University of Illinois, JD, summa cum laude
Order of the Coif
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit