"Nina is an exceptional attorney who provides sound legal counsel through complex and dynamic negotiations. She is creative, detail-oriented and has a gift for quickly synthesizing multiple business concepts into legal guidance."Chambers USA
Nina Flax maintains a broad corporate practice representing late-stage private and public companies in complex corporate transactions – mergers, equity and asset acquisitions, Section 363 transactions, and domestic and international joint ventures and consortiums. Nina also counsels clients regarding transformational commercial transactions, including intellectual property licenses, co-development agreements, application integration agreements and technology alliance agreements.
Nina is recognized as an “Up & Coming” leading Corporate/M&A lawyer in Chambers USA 2021. According to Chambers USA 2021, Nina is “an exceptional attorney who provides sound legal counsel through complex and dynamic negotiations. She is creative, detail-oriented and has a gift for quickly synthesizing multiple business concepts into legal guidance. She gives incisive commercial insights that gives us confidence and clarity."
Nina joined Mayer Brown in 2005 and is a partner in the Northern California office and co-leads the firm's Technology & IP Transactions practice. She is also an active member of Mayer Brown's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and Mayer Brown's Recruiting Committee.
- Represented a world-wide technology company in various acquisitions, including (i) a design and innovation firm focused on designing products and experiences for the connected world, (ii) a creative marketing agency that brings together technology and creativity to create better customer experiences and digital marketing solutions, (iii) a technology services firm specializing in the design, implementation and management of big data and search analytics, (iv) an e-commerce solutions provider with expertise in cross-channel commerce strategy, custom application development, and the creation of innovative retail experiences for any device, (v) a product design and innovation firm that uses its expertise in consumer insight, design and product engineering to help companies innovate and develop new physical products and services, (vi) an advisor and management consultant to the North American asset management community and (vii) a provider of consulting, system integration and customized solutions and services to energy and utilities clients. Also represented the company in the divestiture of a software platform.
- Represented an operator of an online real estate marketplace in connection with a title insurance joint venture, various product launches and acquisition of a title insurance business that enabled further streamlining of the sales process of home buying and selling.
- Represented a venture capital investment firm in its investments in (i) a software company providing data-driven insights for an evolving energy market by combining proprietary analytics with advanced grid mapping, (ii) a nuclear reactor & fuel design engineering company, (iii) space infrastructure developer, (iv) cyber security services company, (v) technology company combining AI and machine learning enabled software with a crowdsourced network of white-hat hackers and (vi) a technology company providing defense against malicious automated cyber-attacks on web and mobile applications.
- Represented a global restaurant company in its global strategy to enable online ordering for pickup and delivery through strategic partnerships with delivery aggregators. Also represented the company in the acquisition of a marketing technology and omnichannel solutions company that specializes in conversational commerce and artificial intelligence-based consumer insights and marketing performance analytics business.
- Represented a technology company integrating security system signals, video sources, cloud applications and IoT devices in its sale to ADT.
- Represented a semiconductor and software design company in its acquisition of a developer of computing architecture and chip sets.
- Represented a start-up company focusing on medical image sharing software in its seed financing and sale to a multinational software company.
- Represented a residential garage door opener in various alliances to integrate the smart home devices with various automation and other platforms.
- Represented a leading provider of collaboration and productivity tools for the construction industry in its acquisition of a provider of mobile-enabled solutions for collaboration between the field and the office for construction firms with operations and employees in the US and in Russia.
- Represented an IP networking, ultra-broadband access and cloud technology company in its acquisition of a provider of mobile and 'Internet of Things' security and device management solutions for mobile operators, service providers and enterprises.
- Represented a multinational technology company in its investment in a robotics digitization company.
- Represented a multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in California in its multibillion dollar acquisition of a commercial distribution finance business and vendor finance business.
- Represented a leading provider of unified wealth management technology and services to financial advisors in its acquisitions of (i) a provider of an end-to-end technology solution involving a suite of advisory tools and a brokerage business, (ii) a technology company providing digital advice solutions to financial advisors, (iii) a technology company that provides leading-edge financial planning and wealth management software solutions to banks, broker-dealers and RIA firms, (iv) provider of portfolio management technology among independent registered investment advisers, (v) provider of investment manager due diligence, research applications, asset allocation modeling and multi-manager portfolios to the wealth management and retirement industries, (vi) a provider of managed account solutions and (vii) a startup company focusing on online investment services and automated platforms.
- Represented a US-based bank holding company in its acquisition of a mobile card acceptance product.
- Represented a provider of specialized lending and leasing solutions in the launch of its platform to provide senior credit facilities to commercial and consumer specialty finance companies.
- Represented a Canadian bank in its investment in technology company providing a fully integrated payments and accounting platform for business, delivered through online banking.
- Represented a bank holding company in its investment in technology company enabling organizations to measure, manage, and improve their cybersecurity effectiveness.
- Represented a bank holding company in its acquisition of a design and development firm.
- Represented a hedge fund in its acquisition of a mortgage origination and servicing business.
- Represented a multinational corporation in a multi-billion dollar joint venture to product battery cells for future battery-electric vehicles.
- Represented a multinational chemicals company in connection with a joint venture to develop and manufacture advanced electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries.
- Represented a global personal care cosmetics group in its investment in a producer of biodegradable polymers from waste biogas.
Harvard Law School, 法律博士（JD）
Duke University, BA, with high honors
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mayer Brown’s Recruiting Committee
- Mayer Brown’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Recognized as “Up and Coming” leading Corporate/M&A lawyer in Chambers USA 2021
- Named to the 2021 list of “Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Technology” by the National Diversity Council
- Named a 2019 “40 Under 40” honoree at the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s annual awards ceremony
- Named a 2019 “California Trailblazers” by The Recorder