"Incredibly gifted"Legal 500 US
Nina Flax maintains a broad corporate practice representing late-stage private and public companies in complex corporate transactions – mergers, equity and asset acquisitions, Section 363 transactions, and domestic and international joint ventures and consortiums. Nina also counsels clients regarding transformational commercial transactions, including intellectual property licenses, co-development agreements, application integration agreements and technology alliance agreements.
Nina joined Mayer Brown in 2005 and is the leader of the Northern California Corporate & Securities practice. She is also an active member of Mayer Brown's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and Mayer Brown's Recruiting Committee.
- Represented a global restaurant company in a technology partnership related to online ordering for pickup and delivery.
- Represented a multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in California in its multibillion dollar acquisition of a commercial distribution finance business and vendor finance business.
- Represented a world-wide management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company in its acquisitions of (i) a design and innovation firm focused on designing products and experiences for the connected world, (ii) a creative marketing agency that brings together technology and creativity to create better customer experiences and digital marketing solutions, (iii) a technology services firm specializing in the design, implementation and management of big data and search analytics, (iv) an e-commerce solutions provider with expertise in cross-channel commerce strategy, custom application development, and the creation of innovative retail experiences for any device, (v) a product design and innovation firm that uses its expertise in consumer insight, design and product engineering to help companies innovate and develop new physical products and services, (vi) an advisor and management consultant to the North American asset management community and (vii) a provider of consulting, system integration and customized solutions and services to energy and utilities clients.
- Represented an online home-selling service in connection with a title insurance joint venture and various product launches.
- Represented a start-up company focusing on impact financing in the nonprofit sector in its seed financing.
- Represented a start-up company focusing on medical image sharing software in its seed financing and sale to a multinational software company.
- Represented a leading provider of unified wealth management technology and services to financial advisors in its acquisitions of (i) a provider of an end-to-end technology solution involving a suite of advisory tools and a brokerage business, (ii) a technology company providing digital advice solutions to financial advisors, (iii) a technology company that provides leading-edge financial planning and wealth management software solutions to banks, broker-dealers and RIA firms, (iv) provider of portfolio management technology among independent registered investment advisers, (v) provider of investment manager due diligence, research applications, asset allocation modeling and multi-manager portfolios to the wealth management and retirement industries, (vi) a provider of managed account solutions and (vii) a startup company focusing on online investment services and automated platforms.
- Represented a US-based bank holding company in its acquisition of a mobile card acceptance product.
- Represented a residential garage door opener in various alliances to integrate the smart home devices with various automation and other platforms.
- Represented a leading provider of collaboration and productivity tools for the construction industry in its acquisition of a provider of mobile-enabled solutions for collaboration between the field and the office for construction firms with operations and employees in the US and in Russia.
- Represented a US-based company specializing in agricultural chemicals and biotechnology solutions in various acquisitions and strategic transactions, including purchases focusing on marketing chains, a Brazilian joint venture and an exclusive alliance for development, supply and distribution in Central Asia.
- Represented a multinational chemicals company in connection with a joint venture to develop and manufacture advanced electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries, including related technology licenses and contributions.
Harvard Law School, JD
Duke University, BA, with high honors
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mayer Brown’s Recruiting Committee
- Mayer Brown’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion