Aline Fidelis is the partner in charge of the Employment & Benefits practice group at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. She has extensive experience on strategic labor litigation and counsel, with over 20 years representing clients in the following sectors: oil & gas, capital markets, banking, education, life sciences, technology, energy, among others. She assists clients with her unique negotiation skills and ability to develop innovate solutions.
Her experience includes the development and review of company’s policies, incentive plans, profit-sharing plans or results; strategically representation of clients in collective negotiations, meetings and mediations; act in collective bargaining and strike issues, enforcement actions and prohibitory injunction; advise on hiring of foreigners to work in Brazil and of Brazilians to work abroad; handle individual and collective labor claims, as well as public civil claims; work on the defense of clients’ concerns in preparatory procedures and civil investigations filed by the Public Labor Prosecutor’s Office; offer preventive advisory services; aiming to mitigate labor-related risks and clients’ responsibilities in issues regarding occupational health and safety; hiring, compensation and termination of executives’ relationship.
Aline is a full member of the Brazilian Bar Association Relations Committee with the Regional Labor Court of the 2nd Region, regularly participates in labor law conferences and seminars, and teaches on the subject.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, Aline was the partner responsible for the Employment and Benefits Practice of Kestener, Granja & Vieira Advogados (2018-2019), a senior associate of Mattos Filho (2015-2018) and Machado Meyer (2010-2015) and, previously, Aline was associate of Cescon Barrieu (2009-2010).
- At States of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Rio Grande do Sul defended several clients in public civil actions promoted by the Public Prosecutor's Office; advised several customers in colletive actions brought by employee’s labor unions and actively participated in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Evaluated and proposed mitigation strategies for the labor risks of pioneering educational project in Brazil, involving a digital platform geared towards answering questions online (for ENEM, the national high school entrance exam). The work was very successful and enabled an award-winning application to be made available to the public.
- Successfully represented the interests of several securities and exchange brokerage companies in conflict, including recognition of the employment relationship of autonomous investment agents.
- Advised an important telephone company in complex negotiations involving the termination of the working relationship with its chief executive oﬃcer, enabling the implementation of corporate operation intended by the company.
- Defended clients in the education, banking, oil & gas, food, retail, life sciences and fashion sectors, regarding strategic labor claims before the Labor Courts, as well as administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Labor and the Labor Public Prosecutors Oﬃce.
- Advised on labor matters in an important M&A operation involving the acquisition of an important Steakhouse network, in Brazil and abroad.
Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo – PUC/SP, Masters in Labor Law
Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo – PUC/SP, Post-graduation in Material Law, Collective Right and Procedural Labor Law
Faculdade de Direito do Largo São Francisco, Extension Course in Relevant Matters of Employment Law
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, Extension Course in Data protection and Privacy
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Operation in Corporate Reorganization
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Arbitration
Centro Universitário Salesiano de São Paulo, Post-graduate in Civil Law and procedural Civil Law
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Negotiation Skills
Escola de Direito de São Paulo da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-EDESP), Extension Course in Management and Leadership
Faculdade de Direito de São Bernardo do Campo, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Leaders League 2021
- Brazil’s Best Counsel 2021 – Labor Advisory: Recommended
- Brazil’s Best Counsel 2021 – Labor Litigation: Valuable Practice
- Transactions & Deals - Labor Advisory: Recommended
LACCA Approved 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Labour Litigation Star – 2019/ 2020 / 2021
Análise Advocacia Mulher
- Expertise: Digital / Construction and Engineering – 2021