Annabel Ersser is a senior associate in the Real Estate practice of the London office.
She has experience acting for banks, financial institutions, investors and corporate clients in real estate finance and investment transactions. Annabel focuses on structured real estate finance advising both lenders and sponsors.
Annabel's notable transactions in 2019 include acting for Cheyne Capital in relation to the provision of a £173,000,000 development loan facility to Quintain in connection with its continued development at Wembley Park, advising LKK/Infinitus in relation to its refinancing of the iconic Walkie Talkie building and acting for a Crosstree Real Estate Partners and AEG joint venture in connection with its refinancing of ICON the designer outlet village at the O2.
She joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2013 and qualified in 2015.
- Advised Cheyne Capital on the provision of a £93,000,000 loan facility to FI Real Estate Management in connection with a reorganisation and refinancing of its existing property portfolio comprising both investment and development assets.
- Acted for Cheyne Capital in relation to a £173,000,000 development loan facility made available to Quintain in connection with its continued development at Wembley Park to create a mixed-use scheme providing build to rent residential apartments, parking and retail.
- Advised Wing Tai and Manhattan Garments Group in relation to the financing of their acquisition of 30 Gresham Street, London for approximately £411,000,000.
- Acted for Wing Tai and Top Paramount on the £133,200,000 financing provided by DBS for the acquisition of 8 Salisbury Square, London.
- Advised LKK/Infinitus on its refinancing of the iconic Walkie Talkie building (also known as 20 Fenchurch Street). The £600,000,000 term loan facility was made available by Bank of China and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
- Acted for Crosstree Real Estate Partners and AEG joint venture in respect of its refinancing of the Entertainment District at the O2 Arena. Following practical completion of the development of the Designer Outlet Village, the existing development facility was refinanced by Lloyds and ICBC through the provision of a £231,000,000 investment loan.
- Advised Gaw Capital in connection with its refinancing of Buildings 1, 2, 4 and 5 at Harbour Exchange, London. Previously advised Gaw Capital in connection with its acquisition of Buildings 1 and 2 in September 2014 and subsequent purchase of Buildings 4 and 5 in October 2018. The £159,000,000 term loan facility was provided by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Limited.
- Acted for Canary Wharf Group plc in relation to the £186,000,000 development financing made available by Bank of China Limited, Lloyds Bank plc, Qatar National Bank and National Westminster Bank plc. The loan was made available in connection with the development of commercial properties at 15 Water Street and 20 Water Street which will complement the existing residential buildings at the Wood Wharf development.
- Advised Gaw Capital in relation to a note purchase facility agreement provided by Deutsche Bank AG in respect of its acquisition of the InterContinental Hotel in Porto, Portugal.
- Acted for TD Asset Management in relation to the financing of Talisker's acquisition of The Cube, the 500,000 sq ft landmark mixed-use building located in Birmingham's city centre.
- Advised Crosstree Real Estate Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Edmonton Green Shopping Centre for £72,000,000 from St Modwen Properties.
- Advised CTF Holdings on the £175m refinancing by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation of debt secured over the Rosewood Hotel in Holborn, London.
- Acted for Emperor International Holdings on the financing by ICBC of the £260 million acquisition of the Ampersand Building.
- Advised Sinarmas Land Limited on the financing by OCBC of its £188 million acquisition financing of 33 Horseferry Road, London.
- Advised Chinese Estates, the Hong Kong listed property development company, on the financing of the £174.9 million acquisition of 11-12 St James’s Square, a listed office building in London.
- Advised The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation on the short-term bridging finance and £104 million term loan made available to JMI Global in connection with its acquisition of the vehicle which owns 65 Fleet Street in London, the global headquarters of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP.
- Acted for Canary Wharf Group plc on the £700m refinancing of loan facilities secured over its retail portfolio at Canary Wharf in London's Docklands. The loan, one of the largest made available in the UK real estate debt market in 2016, was made available by a syndicate of eight lenders comprising Wells Fargo, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank, Barclays Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Societe Generale, ING Real Estate, Bayern LB and AXA.
- Advised Asian Growth Properties, the Hong Kong-based property investor and developer, on the financing of its purchase of 20 Moorgate, London for £155 million.
- Acted for Ping An Bank Company Limited in relation to the £500 million construction loan made available to Dalian Wanda to finance the development of the One Nine Elms scheme in Vauxhall, London.
- Advised Canary Wharf Group plc on the £820m term loan facilities made available by Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, QNB and the HCA for the development of Wood Wharf, the 4.9 million sq ft mixed use scheme to the east of the existing Canary Wharf estate.
- Advised Canary Wharf Group plc on the £348m term loan facility made available by Barclays, RBS, Lloyds and the HCA in connection with its development of the Newfoundland Tower at Canary Wharf.
- Acted for Gaw Capital on the financing of the £500m acquisition of 123 and 151 Buckingham Palace Road.
- Advised Crosstree Real Estate Partners and AEG joint venture in respect of its refinancing of the Entertainment District at the O2 Arena and the provision of a capex facility to fund the costs of the development of the designer outlet village and Entertainment District at the O2 Arena.
- Advised Taikang Life Insurance on its first investment in the UK real estate market, the acquisition and financing of Milton Gate in London let to Addleshaw Goddard.
- Acted for Chinese Estates on the acquisition and financing of 61-67 Oxford Street, London for £180 million.
- Advised two family offices on the acquisition and refinancing of 80 Cheapside and 138 Cheapside, London.
- Advised Ping An on the financing of its £327m acquisition of Tower Place, London, Marsh and McLennan’s London HQ.
- Advised Gaw Capital and a consortium of Asian investors on the financing of the acquisition from BlackRock of Exchange Tower in London's Docklands for £191m.
College of Law, Guildford, LPC
College of Law, Guildford, GDL
Durham University, Theology and Philosophy