Valued for her "deep, technical expertise," as well as her "practical approach."Chambers UK 2020
Jay Doraisamy is co-head of the Pensions practice of the London office. She has over 25 years experience advising trustees and employers of large complex pension arrangements, as well as many household names. Her broad sector experience includes aviation, banking, water, chemicals, and manufacturing. Jay advises on a wide range of pensions advisory work including benefit redesign projects, funding arrangements, banking reform ring-fencing requirements, the impact of US Chapter 11 proceedings on UK pension schemes, scheme closures and amendments.
Jay sits on the Association of Pension Lawyers international sub-committee and is a regular speaker at pensions industry events.
She joined Mayer Brown in 2016
Chester School of Law
University College London (University of London), LLB (Hons)
- Association of Pension Lawyers international sub-committee
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual', Jay Doraisamy co-leads the firm's pension team and is valued by clients for her "deep, technical expertise," as well as her "practical approach." She advises on the pension scheme implications arising from a range of complex restructuring, refinancing and insolvency matters. Chambers UK 2020.
- Jay Doraisamy is "very thorough, covers all points efficiently and is forward-thinking," notes a source. She advises clients on the full spectrum of pensions issues including funding arrangements, the effects of banking reform and the implications of US Chapter 11 proceedings on UK pension schemes. Chambers UK 2019.
- Ian Wright and Jay Doraisamy jointly head the non-contentious group of the "high-quality pensions law team" which provides "well-considered and timely advice" and is "highly responsive and thorough in its approach". (Legal 500 2018).
- Sources say: "She was also proactive about what might come up in future, had a very strong sense of putting the client first, and her advice was clear and practical." Chambers UK 2018.
- The [pensions] team was strengthened by the arrival of Jay Doraisamy. Legal 500 2017.
- Jay Doraisamy is praised for her "experience and expertise" and her "commercial approach." She provides tailored advice to trustees and employers on a wide array of pensions issues. Chambers UK 2017.
- The "approachable and commercially driven" Jay Doraisamy is "a shrewd and charming safe pair of hands". Legal 500 2016.