Julian Dibbell is a senior associate in Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Technology Transactions practice. Julian advises on a range of complex commercial transactions, including those involving IT outsourcing, digital platform and other hosted service agreements, business process outsourcing, facilities management outsourcing, data center leasing, technology licensing, cloud computing, and privacy and security issues. He has represented companies in many different industries, including financial services, health care, insurance, food and beverage, audit and assurance, publishing and information technology.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2014, Julian worked as a journalist and author covering the Internet and other digital technologies. Julian received his JD degree in 2014 from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a staff member of the University of Chicago Law Review and co-founder of the Law and Technology Society.
- Represented a major bank in outsourcing agreements enabling online consumer and business lending services.
- Represented various banks in negotiating and renegotiating outsourcing of their back-end financial services technologies.
- Represented a multi-national financial services company in a long-term card-management agreement with the purchaser of the company’s prepaid, reloadable and gift-card products business and related technology platform.
- Represented a global information publisher in a second-generation outsourcing of its worldwide information technology infrastructure.
- Represented a major health insurance company in the negotiation of an outsourcing agreement for management of all information technology infrastructure.
耶鲁大学, BA, summa cum laude
The University of Chicago Law School, JD
Member, University of Chicago Law Review, Co-founder of the Law and Technology Society.