- Acted for Citibank in relation to a $5 billion global receivables programme in favour of IBM group of companies including a $400,000,000 investment by Blackstone into the capital structure.
- Acted for Stemcor group of companies in relation to a $960 million refinance of the group’s capital structure.
- Acted for Barclays Bank Plc, as arranger, agent and lender in a $357.5 million senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility made available to Aurelius to support the purchase of McKesson Corporation’s UK business.
- Acted for JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as arranger, agent and lender, in a USD 7,000,000,000 capital structure including a USD 4,000,000,000 cross-border syndicated asset-based lending transaction made available to Platinum Equity to support the purchase of Ingram Micro group of companies, a leading global information technology provider.
- Acted for TPG in relation to USD 80 million ABL facilities for Revlon group of companies in USA, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France and Spain.
- Represented Hayfin Services LLP, as agent, in a syndicated asset-based lending facility with NKD Services GmbH, a leading German retailer.
- Acted for Macquarie Bank International, as lead financier, in connection with a EUR 200 million Bills of Exchange discounting programme entered into with Apple Distribution International.
- Acted for Deutsche Bank on a EUR 250,000,000 off-balance sheet cross-border receivables purchase facility relating to receivables originated by members of the British American Tobacco group located in Belgium, Luxembourg, South Korea and Australia.
- Acted for Banco Santander in relation to a $3 billion global receivables programme in favour of IBM group of companies.
University of Leicester, LLB (Hons) Law
- Listed as a Leading individual for Asset Based Lending, his ‘unrivalled in-depth knowledge of the ABL market’ enables him to provide ‘excellent commercially focused advice’ to clients across a balanced mix of transatlantic mandates, as well as on more conventional domestic matters. (Legal 500 2023).
- ‘Alex Dell has a good level of pragmatism as to what is valuable to explore and what is not.’ (Legal 500 2022: Banking Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans).
- Listed as a Leading individual for Asset Based Lending. (Legal 500 2022).
- Listed as a Leading individual, 'Alex Dell is a unique partner of great talent, always willing to go the extra mile to solve challenges. Has a depth of knowledge and experience to meet the sophisticated needs of large corporates. Technical insight combined with commercial pragmatism makes Alex ideal and a pleasure to work with.’ (Legal 500 2021: Asset Based Lending). He is also , Known for his ABL and Structured Finance expertise (Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' (Legal 500 2020 Acquisition finance). 'The very experienced Alex Dell is a leading lawyer in the industry'; is described as 'fantastic' for Asset based lending and 'very experienced' for Bank lending.
- "Has a fantastic reputation in the market." (Legal 500 2018).
- Dominic Griffiths and Alex Dell are the principal partners responsible for handling cross-border asset based lending matters and regularly utilise this product on its own or in conjunction with other debt products to provide general corporate lending assistance or for acquisition finance purposes. (Legal 500 2018 Securitisation).
- "commercial and pragmatic" (Legal 500 2017).
- "Pragmatic" team head Alex Dell displays "sound commercial judgement" and has successfully leveraged his strong relationships with UK banks to ensure a significant flow of
- domestic and pan-European financings. "pragmatic and commercial" (Legal 500 2016).
- Alex is named as "Leading Individual" with the gift of "clarity of communication, making legal issues clear and offering understandable advice". (Legal 500 2014).
- Alex is recognised by the Asset Based Finance Association in the UK and the Commercial Finance Association in the US as being a leading lawyer in the UK market.